How do you keep up with taking your pills?-

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just wondering how others keep up with being sure they are 'current' with pills?

When I started Femara, I got a 10 supply from VA that day and then my 3 month supply came in the mail (gotten more months since). What I do is every Thursday after I take the last one in the bottle is to put 7 more in the bottle so if I forget - I can look and see the number.

Just wondering how ya'll handle being sure and/or have tips .

Susan

Comments

• filimu
    filimu Member Posts: 74
    taking pills faithfully (UGH!@)
    I just take it every morning after I brush my teeth...same thing as when I take my vitamins, etc. It's just a routine. Not hard to do, and since it's only one extra pill, not hard to put into the mix. Except, of course, for what it does to you. Don't anybody ask my oncologist what I told him I wanted to do to him for taking me off estrogen and putting me on those things! It goes WAY beyond X rated!
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    filimu said:

taking pills faithfully (UGH!@)
    I just take it every morning after I brush my teeth...same thing as when I take my vitamins, etc. It's just a routine. Not hard to do, and since it's only one extra pill, not hard to put into the mix. Except, of course, for what it does to you. Don't anybody ask my oncologist what I told him I wanted to do to him for taking me off estrogen and putting me on those things! It goes WAY beyond X rated!

7-day pill box
    I started on Tamoxifen when I was only about 6 weeks out from finishing chemo (with chemo brain still affecting my short-term memory) -- I was afraid I'd accidentally double up on it, because I could never remember whether or not I'd just taken it.

I just got one of those cheap Monday-Sunday pill boxes from the drugstore -- I fill it up every Sunday, and put in my bag with my breakfast that I take to work, as I prefer to take it with food, just as a little insurance against nausea.

Traci
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    TraciInLA said:

7-day pill box
    I started on Tamoxifen when I was only about 6 weeks out from finishing chemo (with chemo brain still affecting my short-term memory) -- I was afraid I'd accidentally double up on it, because I could never remember whether or not I'd just taken it.

I just got one of those cheap Monday-Sunday pill boxes from the drugstore -- I fill it up every Sunday, and put in my bag with my breakfast that I take to work, as I prefer to take it with food, just as a little insurance against nausea.

Traci

Pill Box
    If I did not use my pill box I would forget to take the meds. Even with the pill box I have forgotton.
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    I have a 7-day pillbox for
    I have a 7-day pillbox for AM & another one for PM. Both are straight across.
    My cats have circular pillboxes, so I won't get mixed up. LOL!
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    I set all of meds out the
    I set all of meds out the night before. So they are sitting on the table waiting for me when I have my breakfast in the morning.

Hugs

Donna
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    7-day Pill Box Too
    Since I, like many anothers, would sometimes forget if I took my pills or not, I got the 7-day pill box. I take 1 tamoxifen tablet in the morning after I brush my teeth, and the other at night, again, after I brush my teeth before bedtime. When I have crazy mornings, sometimes I'd forget to take it and wonder at lunch time whether or not I took it or not. So, the pill box has helped alot!

Sally