New Remedy for Neuropathy

AMomNETN
AMomNETN Member Posts: 242
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Today at my onc visit I saw the PA. She was asking me about numbness in my fingers and toes. Toes are fine but the ends of my fingers are still kinda numb. She told me to soak the ends in Listerine (the old brown kind) because for some it has helped. Shoot I'll try anything not to take any more drugs. I'll let you know if it works. Just thought it was interesting to pass on for what its worth.

Janie

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    If soap under my fitted
    If soap under my fitted sheets works for my charlie horses, ( which it HAS!) Listerine is sooooo worth a try! Let us know! HOOOORAY for these "silly" seemingly impossible treatments which keep any of us from having to take more drugs!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    chenheart said:

If soap under my fitted
    If soap under my fitted sheets works for my charlie horses, ( which it HAS!) Listerine is sooooo worth a try! Let us know! HOOOORAY for these "silly" seemingly impossible treatments which keep any of us from having to take more drugs!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

i am going to try it too as
    i am going to try it too as I have significant neuropathy in my feet and hands. let us know!!
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Old remedys
    My poditrist ( spelled wrong) said he recommends Icey Hot for his diabetic patients. I tried it. Seemed to work, but forunately I didn't have a bad case like some of the ladies have. Liked it better on my acking muscles. lol Katz
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Katz77 said:

Old remedys
    My poditrist ( spelled wrong) said he recommends Icey Hot for his diabetic patients. I tried it. Seemed to work, but forunately I didn't have a bad case like some of the ladies have. Liked it better on my acking muscles. lol Katz

THANKS for the suggestions!
    I just signed on to ask about this....
    I'll try anything! However the numbness on the bottom of my left foot has now traveled up to my thigh and is also going across my belly area! What the heck! I thought it was supposed to diminish with time, mine seems to be getting worse. I hate to complain, since the alternative (pain!) would be so much worse, but this is getting annoying.
  • jackiejhm
    jackiejhm Member Posts: 169
    May I...say
    I love you Ladies. I really do. Going to try this right now. Gotta go!!! xoxoxoxo, Jackie
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Did it work Did it work!!!
    Did the listerine work for any of you ? I don't have neuropathy and hopefully wont get it but if I do I need to know Did it work?

Chenheart, soap under your fitted sheet for leg cramps????
    What kind of soap more info please.
    Thanks Ladies