Any word on JoJo?

mwallace1325
mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just wondering where she is and hoping everythng is OK.

marge

Comments

• jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Are you looking for me?
    I know theres 2 jojo's on here but i see samurimom has been on here recently. So in case your talking about me.....
    I took some time out to reoperate, since after my surgery is when my gpa almost passed away and i wore myself out and got sick...now im doing much better. Other than the fact that someone has stole my identity and got into my bank account...now my account is froze till we figure this out...just another added headache im dealing with...but hey on the bright side...I HAVE NEW BOOBS! I got all my bandages off and my stitches out today and my plastic surgeon did an awesome job on cleaning up the incision area...they look way better than i expected. I also went bra shopping "before my account was froze" and i was pleasantly surprised to find im now a size 36C. Which is about where i wanted to be.
    Thanks Marge
    Glad people notice when someone isnt on the board for a short.

Im not MIA (missing in action) anymore! But i have alot to get caught up on.
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    jo jo said:

Are you looking for me?
    I know theres 2 jojo's on here but i see samurimom has been on here recently. So in case your talking about me.....
    I took some time out to reoperate, since after my surgery is when my gpa almost passed away and i wore myself out and got sick...now im doing much better. Other than the fact that someone has stole my identity and got into my bank account...now my account is froze till we figure this out...just another added headache im dealing with...but hey on the bright side...I HAVE NEW BOOBS! I got all my bandages off and my stitches out today and my plastic surgeon did an awesome job on cleaning up the incision area...they look way better than i expected. I also went bra shopping "before my account was froze" and i was pleasantly surprised to find im now a size 36C. Which is about where i wanted to be.
    Thanks Marge

Yes, I was
    I was looking for you. You're a bright spot on this board, along with hundreds of others and I was concerned that I hadn't seen anything from you. I was worried about your recovery and also about gpa. Glad you're both recovering.
    I'm sorry to hear about the identity theft. What a pain in the a$$, too bad they never steal bills or better yet cancer. Yeah, can we talk some thieves into stealing cancer???
    I'm glad to hear you have new boobs and that you love them, and that we can change your status from MIA to present and accounted for. Take care.

marge
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Sad to say
    that I was also a victim of fraud today. I had my port placement this morning at the hospital and came home to a message from our credit union. So our debit card is now destroyed. I don't know how people get our info when we still have the original cards. Last year someone got ahold of our Visa but thankfully other than getting a new card we were ok.

JoJo glad to hear you like your new boobs :-) A size 36C is a good size. That's what I was after having 2 kids. The ones that were removed were droopy 40DD. lol As of right now I'm not planning on reconstruction. This 61 year old body might have to be happy with the ones in the box.
    Char
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    cahjah75 said:

Sad to say
    that I was also a victim of fraud today. I had my port placement this morning at the hospital and came home to a message from our credit union. So our debit card is now destroyed. I don't know how people get our info when we still have the original cards. Last year someone got ahold of our Visa but thankfully other than getting a new card we were ok.

JoJo glad to hear you like your new boobs :-) A size 36C is a good size. That's what I was after having 2 kids. The ones that were removed were droopy 40DD. lol As of right now I'm not planning on reconstruction. This 61 year old body might have to be happy with the ones in the box.
    Char

Char and JoJo so sorry you
    Char and JoJo so sorry you have to deal with this and BC too. Makes you really wonder what's happening in this country and to people as a whole. Hopefully it will not be terribly time consuming getting everything straightened away.
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    jo jo said:

Are you looking for me?
    Thanks Marge

Sorry about what happened Char & JoJo
    It's such a bummer when that happens and unfortunately, it's happening more and more. I was thinking of getting that Identity Fraud protection but was wondering if that really works?

JoJo - Glad you got all the yuckies taken off.

Hope everything gets resolved quickly.

BLessings,

Sylvia
  • camsgram
    camsgram Member Posts: 106
    Jo Jo I'm glad your back.
    Jo Jo I'm glad your back. You have had so much to deal with and now identity theft. Hopfully this will get resolved quickly. But your right...You have great new boobs!
  • NDY2010
    NDY2010 Member Posts: 13 Member
    jo jo said:

Are you looking for me?
    Thanks Marge

Identity Theft
    I think it's amazing that more of us haven't had our identities stolen. Just think how many times we have to fill out medical forms stating our SS#, etc. or all the times at medical establishments that we're asked for our SS#. Just more chances that prying eyes will grab or sell our info. The saddest part is the fact that we're (as U.S. citizens) having to get out of this mess all by ourselves. Trust me, after the police take your report---they're done. Think how many times that you see this kind of crime reported on your "local" news station as a specific individual crime report. No, never. But you will see all over the TV the latest robbery of some local convenience store or even the story of someone being robbed outside a store. All supposedly considered a scary crime and we all think "Wow" hope that doesn't happen to me. Meanwhile, your boring ole identity theft will probably cost way more (or at least in inconvenience) than any of those robberies but it isn't considered sensational enough to report. After all, this happens to lots of people "EVERY DAY"!

On the brighter side, congrats on the awesome boobies! It's nice to hear someone who is so pleased with their reconstrution outcome. That should be an encouragement to the rest of us still wondering & waiting.
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    jo jo said:

Are you looking for me?
    Thanks Marge

Hay jo jo
    Sorry for your problems, however, WOO HOO for your new BOOBS!
  • hoop77
    hoop77 Member Posts: 84
    jo jo said:

Are you looking for me?
    Thanks Marge

So glad your surgery went
    So glad your surgery went well and that you are happy with your results! Sorry about the identify fraud, people are so sick and I'm so sorry you are having to deal with that after all you have been through. You have such a positive attitude about life and your posts are always so uplifting and refreshing. Best of luck in dealing with the unfortunate paperwork nightmare ahead of you, but congrats on loving your new look! My exchange surgery is scheduled for Aug. 26th, can't wait!
    Laura
  • jo jo
    Quick update...and warning!
    After talking with my bank we discovered they got all my personal information from online...my bank asked me if i had purchased anything on line recently...normally i dont but i did once about 2 months ago and they said from there is were they stole my information...

PLEASE BEAWARE THE SITE THAT I MADE THIS PURCHASE FROM WAS A BREAST CANCER SITE...WHERE I ORDERED A BREAST CANCER BRACLET. Unfortunantly i do not remember which site it was. If i regain my memory on this i will post it.
  • Hubby
    Hubby Member Posts: 325
    jo jo said:

Quick update...and warning!
    After talking with my bank we discovered they got all my personal information from online...my bank asked me if i had purchased anything on line recently...normally i dont but i did once about 2 months ago and they said from there is were they stole my information...

PLEASE BEAWARE THE SITE THAT I MADE THIS PURCHASE FROM WAS A BREAST CANCER SITE...WHERE I ORDERED A BREAST CANCER BRACLET. Unfortunantly i do not remember which site it was. If i regain my memory on this i will post it.

Hmmmmmmmm
    How can we be sure you're really JoJo? Sure you look like JoJo, but I don't know????
  • jo jo
    Hubby said:

Hmmmmmmmm
    How can we be sure you're really JoJo? Sure you look like JoJo, but I don't know????

LOL....LOL (me still
    LOL....LOL (me still laughing)...LOL!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    jo jo said:

LOL....LOL (me still
    LOL....LOL (me still laughing)...LOL!

How awful!
    I checked my bank statement and found out the person who stole our debit card number was using it in CO & we live in CT. The card was never out of our sight except at a local restaurant. I think I'm going to call them to alert them to the situation. I have to fill out paperwork when it arrives and then mail it back. There are sooooo many unscrupulous people out there just lurking! Hope you situation resolves. It's just soooooo aggravating and invasive! I'm appolled that your online purchase was from a bc site! I've purchased several hats online but did not use my debit card.
    Char
  • SamuraiMom
    SamuraiMom Member Posts: 295
    jo jo said:

Are you looking for me?
    Thanks Marge

xxoo
    Glad you're doing ok JoJo!

xxoo,
    SamuraiMom...the other JoJo ;)
  • jo jo
    cahjah75 said:

How awful!
    I checked my bank statement and found out the person who stole our debit card number was using it in CO & we live in CT. The card was never out of our sight except at a local restaurant. I think I'm going to call them to alert them to the situation. I have to fill out paperwork when it arrives and then mail it back. There are sooooo many unscrupulous people out there just lurking! Hope you situation resolves. It's just soooooo aggravating and invasive! I'm appolled that your online purchase was from a bc site! I've purchased several hats online but did not use my debit card.
    Char

Char im sorry you are going
    Char im sorry you are going thru this too...it realy sux! But im not letting it get the best of me...i just keep smiling as i make my calls to get it all straightened out...what else can we do...stupid people cant spend their own money!!!