Having port

cahjah75
cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
placement in the morning. I have to be at the hospital at 7:30am for a 9:00am procedure. My sister has volunteered to take me. DH sees his eye dr tomorrow to have eyes dilated so he couldn't. We are babysitting 2 granddaughters ages 2 & 4 for the weekend. I certainly hope I feel all right. I'm starting to get paranoid about all the little things that don't seem quite right with my body. This experience is becoming a bit overwhelming.......
Char

Comments

• Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Overwhelmed
    My thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow. What are you paranoid about with your body? Surgery or feelings? Talk with your doc. Maybe that will calm your fears. Keep us posted. Katz
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Hi Char--try to be calm
    You'll do great. Having the port is one of the best things--as you will see. It makes treatment so much easier. The only thing I experienced is a little bit of a pinching feeling for the first couple of days when I moved my arm and shoulder certain ways. After my body got used to it being there--it was fine.

Good luck. This is all overwhelming, but you can do this!

Hugs, Renee
  • Snowkitty
    Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
    Good luck on the port placement
    Port surgery was pretty easy. You might be a little sore especially if you lay on your port side. When I got up from a laying position, it helped to sort of hold port so I didn't get the feeling of it falling.

Regardless, remember not to pick up the grandkids or anything heavy. That's the most important thing.

Take care, Cindy
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Morning Char
    You are probably gone to the hospital but I just wanted to say good luck. I was nervous to going in but it really wasn't a big deal getting the port put in. Felt funny for a couple of days now I don't even know it is there. You didn't say what was bothering you about your body. We are all here to help as you know. If you are having problems talk to your Dr. they are there to help. Best to ya Kay Let us know how it goes.
  • Alaska907
    Alaska907 Member Posts: 3

Morning Char
    You are probably gone to the hospital but I just wanted to say good luck. I was nervous to going in but it really wasn't a big deal getting the port put in. Felt funny for a couple of days now I don't even know it is there. You didn't say what was bothering you about your body. We are all here to help as you know. If you are having problems talk to your Dr. they are there to help. Best to ya Kay Let us know how it goes.

How are you doing?
    Char-
    How did your port surgery go?
    I've found mine a bit odd. Sometimes I don't even notice it, but sometimes it's really irritating (like when the seatbelt rubs on it.
    I hope everything is working out well for you!