Did not have luck with Road to Recovery

cahjah75
cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I called 10 days ago and again last Friday and today someone finally called me back about transportation to my 1st chemo treatment. (I was told not to drive myself until I know how I'll react.) The woman told me I wouldn't know if I had a ride until a couple days before if not the day before. Soooooooo, I'm taking my daughter-in-law up on her offer to drive me. She's coming from MA (I live in CT) with 3 children 6 and under and she's 6 mos pregnant! She's not going to sit with me because of the kids but my sister is going to leave work and sit with me during her lunch break. I was so hoping she wouldn't have to but otherwise my dh would have to take the day off.
Char

Comments

• lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    I hope it works out
    for you. Thats just horrible about transportation. I dont understand that. Makes me mad!
    Praying for you.

Laura
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    They didn't return my call either!
    I called Road to Recovery, Monday last week to volunteer to drive if needed and was told that I would hear back from them that day or the next (last Tuesday) - I still have not heard from them either and Ji'm trying to volunteer. (No I'm not close to you - 1/2 the continent away.)
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Rague said:

They didn't return my call either!
    I called Road to Recovery, Monday last week to volunteer to drive if needed and was told that I would hear back from them that day or the next (last Tuesday) - I still have not heard from them either and Ji'm trying to volunteer. (No I'm not close to you - 1/2 the continent away.)

Whats the number!!!
    Im calling those people. Thats rediculous!! How pissed i am!! Sorry guys.
    laura