Have you heard? - Bald is HOT!!!

cindycflynn
cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just read this quote from Jennifer Hudson:

"I am actually thinking about shaving my head," the singer/actress reveals to InStyle magazine. "Because I feel I've got a good structure ... My cousin's a beautician and she's always saying, 'You could wear any hairdo.' So I'm thinking, what if I shave my hair? Not completely off, but low. I think that would be so hot."

Thought you fellow "baldies" would enjoy knowing this!

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    sigh.....
    Nice that it's a choice for her....

Hugs to all of you who accept it as a way of living life!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Maybe some people but not
    Maybe some people but not me. I need the hair distraction. You know, give them something else to look at.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Marcia527 said:

Maybe some people but not
    Maybe some people but not me. I need the hair distraction. You know, give them something else to look at.

I tend to agree with Marcia527 ... I am one of those
    people who need hair .. but, thanks for the post

Vicki Sam
  • bjmom1
    bjmom1 Member Posts: 152
    bald is hot
    I were my hair cut really short because the medication make my hair thin. I thought about going back bald. I got alot of people tell me i look good bald. And I also seen other women that have the disease that they can't grow hair look good going natual. Remember I am not my hair. Beauty is within and it always come out. lol

barb
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Did Demi Moore ever shave her head?
    If my memory serves me correctly, didn't Demi Moore come out in a movie bald? Of course, she looked great!
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    sea60 said:

Did Demi Moore ever shave her head?
    If my memory serves me correctly, didn't Demi Moore come out in a movie bald? Of course, she looked great!

Yes, Demi did shave her head for a movie
    And, ladies, no matter if we're bald, have hair that's a 1/4" long or even 1/4" long and as red as Bozo the clown (like me from a silly dye job gone wrong!), we're all beautiful, strong, brave warriors. Our hairdo or lack thereof does not define us--our courage does!!!

Renee
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    missrenee said:

Yes, Demi did shave her head for a movie
    And, ladies, no matter if we're bald, have hair that's a 1/4" long or even 1/4" long and as red as Bozo the clown (like me from a silly dye job gone wrong!), we're all beautiful, strong, brave warriors. Our hairdo or lack thereof does not define us--our courage does!!!

Renee

Well said Renee!
    You are soooo right :D
    24242 Member Posts: 1,398
    Bald is actually COOLer
    Every summer for the past 14 years it takes all I have not to shave off the hair remember just how cool I was night, even with the hot flashes. I never wore a wig or hat except for sun protection. Not so great at the rest stop when someone mistakes you for a man though, must not have had their glasses.
    That was uncommon 14 years ago but today I see many shaved female heads and can only hope that aren't suffering through treatments. I never approach anyone in public but it does take all I have not too ask...
    Tara
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    24242 said:

Bald is actually COOLer
    Every summer for the past 14 years it takes all I have not to shave off the hair remember just how cool I was night, even with the hot flashes. I never wore a wig or hat except for sun protection. Not so great at the rest stop when someone mistakes you for a man though, must not have had their glasses.
    That was uncommon 14 years ago but today I see many shaved female heads and can only hope that aren't suffering through treatments. I never approach anyone in public but it does take all I have not too ask...
    Tara

Tara .. I actually smile, if they smile back I approach
    them and ask .. I'm 9 out 10 ... that all came back to say that they too where fighting breast cancer. Many are very happy to share with me, and vice versa.

Yes you are correct, I forget about the cooliness a shorty hair style does for me during the hotter summer months. Not to mention that chemically induced menopause.

Thanks for putting a smile on my face ... 14 years ago .. brave sole.

Vicki Sam
  • BethInAz
    BethInAz Member Posts: 203 Member
    Sexy
    Can you believe it? My husband wants me to keep my hair at about 1 inch in length. He says that it's sexy and when it's wet and I run my fingers through it, it looks hot! Well, how can I respond to that? Guess I'll be getting haircuts every 4 weeks!!!
    Beth
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    BethInAz said:

Sexy
    Can you believe it? My husband wants me to keep my hair at about 1 inch in length. He says that it's sexy and when it's wet and I run my fingers through it, it looks hot! Well, how can I respond to that? Guess I'll be getting haircuts every 4 weeks!!!
    Beth

Isn't it great to have such a sweet, supportive hubby?
    After I had gained about 15 pounds during this whole ordeal, my husband said to me, "I love how you look--and I really love your a__! (which is about as big as the state of Montana now!) I want this guy around me forever!

Renee