Switch

calvertcrafts
calvertcrafts Member Posts: 93 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I went to see my onc today because of severe joint pain and insomnia. I told her I feel worse today than when I was going thru treatments. She was concerned because my ankles were swollen. She switched me from tamoxifin to arimidex. I know some of you take this so I thought I'd ask how you have felt while on the arimidex. I've had a lot of side effects from the tamox so I'm hoping the one is better.

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    I am so glad that you went back to your oncologist ..
    I am on neither med .. Just wanted to let you know that I would of done the same thing .. Go figure - who would of thought that we would have such lasting side efforts ???

One of the other gals -- will pipe in with something ..

Strength and Courage:

Vicki Sam
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Was on Femara with too many
    Was on Femara with too many side effects. Have been on Arimidex for a month and a half. So far so good. A few aches and pains but so far no massive mood swings. Keeping my fingers crossed for the both of us!
    Take Care,
    Wanda
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    I'm starting my 3rd week of
    I'm starting my 3rd week of arimidex and so far so good. No problems. Wish you well with it.
  • calvertcrafts
    natly15 said:

I'm starting my 3rd week of
    I'm starting my 3rd week of arimidex and so far so good. No problems. Wish you well with it.

Thanks!
    Thanks for the input. I'm hoping the side effects with this one are easier to take. ( I really hope there are none, but that might be too much to ask for. LOL)
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I took the Arimidex for 5
    I took the Arimidex for 5 years with no side-effects to speak of. With my recurrance, I am now taking Tamoxifen~ I have minimal swelling of my left knee and ankles~ nothing other than that. I hope that doesn't mean my Dr will take off of it, as my markers have gone down in the month I have been on it, and I don't have many other options except for chemo. Which of course I am hoping to avoid at all costs!
  • calvertcrafts
    chenheart said:

I took the Arimidex for 5
    I took the Arimidex for 5 years with no side-effects to speak of. With my recurrance, I am now taking Tamoxifen~ I have minimal swelling of my left knee and ankles~ nothing other than that. I hope that doesn't mean my Dr will take off of it, as my markers have gone down in the month I have been on it, and I don't have many other options except for chemo. Which of course I am hoping to avoid at all costs!

Fingers crossed
    I'll keep my fingers crossed that you don't have the side effects that I did. I know we're all different and react to things differently. You're in my thoughts and prayers. You give great hope to everyone here on the net and I think it's time you receive some in return.