Susan G Komen Walk

Yvette39
Yvette39 Member Posts: 17
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My 19 year old daughter is finishing up her 60 mile walk today for the fight again breast cancer. We are heading out to berea soon to attend the cheer stations. She has sores all over her feet and every muscle in her body is hurting. She said if we can fight cancer she can make it to the finish line. What strong people we are.....

Comments

• cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    Yeah for your daughter's strength
    You can be so proud of your daughter.......and of yourself for your journey. As I sit hear fatigued from the treatments....I am so encouraged to hear of those like your daughter making the effort, and pushing themselves and their limits for the cause. Wonderful, careing, dedicated souls... Have a great celebration and tell her we are all so grateful!
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    That Is So Great
    Yvette, that is so wonderful that your daughter is doing that! Please give her a big hug from all of us when you see her at the finish line. Hopefully, she has a foot bath/massage that she can enjoy. Hugs, Jean
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Buy that girl a massage!
    Buy that girl a massage! What a darling daughter you have raised! We are touched and proud of her~ so we can only begin to imagine how you feel! Thank you so much for sharing her experience with us!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    chenheart said:

Buy that girl a massage!
    Buy that girl a massage! What a darling daughter you have raised! We are touched and proud of her~ so we can only begin to imagine how you feel! Thank you so much for sharing her experience with us!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

I have tears in my eyes! What a wonderful and generous
    daughter you have - and to support you and your fight with this BEAST - called Breast Cancer.

Beam with pride, Mom.

Vicki Sam
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    what a beautiful daughter
    I bet you are so proud of your daughter. Give her a big hug from all the Pink Warriors. What a wonderful, strong and loving role model you have been for her. She deserves a long gentle massage and a good foot soaking after that long walk.
    Hugs, K
  • Yvette39
    Yvette39 Member Posts: 17
    Thanks everyone!
    Yesterday was a wonderful experience! My daughter, Desa Rae, had blisters on both sides of her feet. She said to me, "Mom if that walk was anything like what you have gone through then I really don't know how you did it." I bought epsom salts and she soaked her feet twice last night and will do the entire body today. I'm treating her to a pedicure also. Thanks everyone for your comments.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Yvette39 said:

Thanks everyone!
    Yesterday was a wonderful experience! My daughter, Desa Rae, had blisters on both sides of her feet. She said to me, "Mom if that walk was anything like what you have gone through then I really don't know how you did it." I bought epsom salts and she soaked her feet twice last night and will do the entire body today. I'm treating her to a pedicure also. Thanks everyone for your comments.

Yvette, No thank you for sharing this
    wonderful act of love ..Desa Rae has shown you. Epsom salt soak, hope it helps with the aches and pain.

Pedicure - one of my very favorite things in the world.

Vicki Sam
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    What a beautiful daughter!!
    What a beautiful daughter!! Please thank her for me, too.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

What a beautiful daughter!!
    What a beautiful daughter!! Please thank her for me, too.

WOW! What a wonderful
    WOW! What a wonderful daughter you have!

Give her a big hug from me and a big thank you too!

Sue :)
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    cavediver said:

Yeah for your daughter's strength
    You can be so proud of your daughter.......and of yourself for your journey. As I sit hear fatigued from the treatments....I am so encouraged to hear of those like your daughter making the effort, and pushing themselves and their limits for the cause. Wonderful, careing, dedicated souls... Have a great celebration and tell her we are all so grateful!

Your daughter is amazing!
    Your daughter is amazing! Please thank her for walking for all of us!

Hugs, Diane
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    chenheart said:

Buy that girl a massage!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

You sure raised a wonderful
    You sure raised a wonderful daughter! What an inspiration she is!

Thank you!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

That Is So Great
    Yvette, that is so wonderful that your daughter is doing that! Please give her a big hug from all of us when you see her at the finish line. Hopefully, she has a foot bath/massage that she can enjoy. Hugs, Jean

You have a remarkable
    You have a remarkable daughter! Hope she did get that massage.

Hugs, Leeza
  • tambow
    tambow Member Posts: 42
    Sincere Gratitude
    Thanks to your daughter for participating in such a wonderful event. The 3-day walk is a very intense, emotional, eye-opening experience that shows that somehow we are ALL in this fight together! The event promotes awareness and raises immense amounts of dollars towards trials and research and helps underprivileged, uninsured women get proper screenings as well as treatment. The end result, it helps save lives! I promise, she WILL feel extremely proud of those blisters!

God Bless!
    Tammy