Something Normal

AMomNETN
AMomNETN Member Posts: 242
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi,
I just wanted to let everyone know that normal things can happen even with breast cancer. I finished chemo July 16th. My battle started in Jan. with a mastecomy in May and chemo shortly there after. Today my husband and I went fishing. This is a first this summer. It was so nice and peaceful. I even managed to catch a few. I just wanted to post this to give other hope that things do slowly return to normal especially for the new ones to these boards. Stay strong and know it won' always be the way it is.

Janie

Comments

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hey Janie,
    Thanks for the encouraging words. Glad things are going good for you. I should finish my chemo at the end of August. Although, it hasn't really kept me down. Enjoy the rest of your summer. Hugs, Jean
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Beautiful! The New Normal
    Beautiful! The New Normal can be a Good Normal and even resemble the Old Normal!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    chenheart said:

Beautiful! The New Normal
    Beautiful! The New Normal can be a Good Normal and even resemble the Old Normal!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Glad you had a great time
    Glad you had a great time fishing! Yes, there is a great life after cancer! I am living it too!

Hugs, Diane
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    DianeBC said:

Glad you had a great time
    Glad you had a great time fishing! Yes, there is a great life after cancer! I am living it too!

Hugs, Diane

Janie .. Thank you for sharing .. as this is the FLIP
    side to BREAST CANCER .. chemo, or rad's behind you and you are getting on with your life.

Strength and Courage :-D

Vicki Sam