Cancerversary

Options
calvertcrafts
calvertcrafts Member Posts: 93 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Today was my 1yr cancerversary and I had an appointment with my surgeon. I had a lumpectomy on my lower left breast. My scar runs right where a bra goes under the breast. With all the heat and humidity this summer I've had a lot of irritation. . Doc told me I have "radiation irritation". I was surprised because I finished rads March 31. She said this can happen up to 2yrs after rads are complete.I'm now on anti-inflamatory drugs.Anyone ever hear about this? I also still have pain in the scar area. Doc suggested scar reduction surgery?? What is that?? She said we would talk about it in the future.

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    Sorry for your irritation
    Congratulations on your survivorship!!!!
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    The only thing I know about
    The only thing I know about scar reduction surgery had nothing to do with BC - but a scar is a scar.

Youngr Son had a quite severe dog bite - it was an complete accident - anyone wants to know I'll explain. He had a fantastic plastic surgeon and over 600 stitches - most were 'inside' and the outer were finer than a human hair. I was told at the time that IF he wanted/needed it in the future, they could reduce the scar. He has never wanted to nor did I think there was any reason to.

I've had show horses that we did scar reduction surgery. Basically as i understand it -0 it is going back into the area and taking out the scar tissue and the re sutureing it back with a smaller initial cut.

At least that's how I understand it.

Susan
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options
    Rague said:

The only thing I know about scar reduction surgery had nothing to do with BC - but a scar is a scar.

Youngr Son had a quite severe dog bite - it was an complete accident - anyone wants to know I'll explain. He had a fantastic plastic surgeon and over 600 stitches - most were 'inside' and the outer were finer than a human hair. I was told at the time that IF he wanted/needed it in the future, they could reduce the scar. He has never wanted to nor did I think there was any reason to.

I've had show horses that we did scar reduction surgery. Basically as i understand it -0 it is going back into the area and taking out the scar tissue and the re sutureing it back with a smaller initial cut.

Susan

Do you have an implant? I
    Do you have an implant? I am having trouble with scar tissue from the radiation forming around my implant and making it really hard and square looking. I'll se my plastic surgeon next week and we will probably be discussing some kind of corrective surgery to get rid of the scar tissue. YUK....it's always something....
  • calvertcrafts
    Options
    Rague said:

Susan

scar reduction
    Thanks for the explaination. I just don't know if I want another surgery.
  • calvertcrafts
    Options
    dyaneb123 said:

Do you have an implant? I
    Do you have an implant? I am having trouble with scar tissue from the radiation forming around my implant and making it really hard and square looking. I'll se my plastic surgeon next week and we will probably be discussing some kind of corrective surgery to get rid of the scar tissue. YUK....it's always something....

implant
    No I don't have an implant