More good news

GrandmaJ
GrandmaJ Member Posts: 209
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
One year ago today I started chemotherapy. If anyone had told me getting better would take a whole year, I think I would have collapsed in tears. Or that my hair would still not be completely grown back after one year. But I just took it in steps, ...chemo....lumpectomy.....radiation....Femara..... and tried not to think about how long it was going to take. Chemo was not easy, but heck I made it and I am 65 years old.

Its been a good week. Monday the clean mammogram. Today the oncologist appointment ....blood work, and chest x-ray were all normal. Oncologist said to stay on Femara and he'll see me in January. Music to my ears. Oncologist next January and surgeon and mammogram next July. I never thought I'd make it this far. Six months without a doctor appointment.

FOr all of you just beginning treatment or in the middle of it, please don't give up. If you are depressed and sad, ask for some help, whether it be a psychologist or some anti depressants, as I needed, or just posting here. But you will all get to that day when you get to dance with NED and get a good report from the doctors. We are all survivors and we will all beat this demon.

Judy

Comments

• Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    good news
    That's awesome news and you can be an inspiration to others. This truly lets us know the meaning of "one day, one step at a time". Keep it up!
    MM
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Thank you Judy for sharing
    Thank you Judy for sharing this with us and congratulations for such a good report! I am 1 week into 6 weeks of rads. I agree that sometimes it feels like we will never get through this, one day at a time we will!! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • mrs gadget
    mrs gadget Member Posts: 118
    thanks for the inspiration!!
    After crying in my wine, it is sooo good to hear good news. There really is a light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for making me smile...

Mrs Gadget
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Go Judy!
    Thanks for sharing your good news. It always makes my day!!! Hugs, Jean
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    Yeah for Judy!!! So happy for you...
    Great news and we are all so happy to hear your good reports. And THANK you for reminding me that the return to 'normal' will take a while. I still have 2 more cycles of chemo to go and then I think I started thinking that as soon as I finished rads in Nov. I would be back to my 'normal' life. Hmmmm, your post reminded me that it will take time for my body to catch up, hair to grow, etc.... good to be reminded of these things.... when we know what to expect, it just makes it easier...at least for me. Good luck and I am so happy for you!
  • putzie
    putzie Member Posts: 66 Member
    Congratulations Judy!!!
    Congratulations Judy!!! That is music to the ears of someone who is right in the middle of it all. I am on the same path as you and finished chemo 2 weeks ago. This week I had news that I have NO ACTIVITY on my pet scan....yay!! off to the next step!! Thank you for the encouragement and congratulations!!! XXX OO
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    putzie said:

Congratulations Judy!!!
    Congratulations Judy!!! That is music to the ears of someone who is right in the middle of it all. I am on the same path as you and finished chemo 2 weeks ago. This week I had news that I have NO ACTIVITY on my pet scan....yay!! off to the next step!! Thank you for the encouragement and congratulations!!! XXX OO

Congratulations Judy
    Well done. We are happy to hear good news
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Glad
    Very glad everythings coming up negative, positive for you. I think neg is better than positive at this point lol. Never quite sure. You give sound advice for not giving up. We all will dance with NED and beat the beast. Congrats again, Katz
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Congratulations Judy!!!!!!
    I'm sooo happy for you!! Enjoy your dance. I love reading good news. I wish you all the best. Enjoy the next 6 months with NO Doctors. Boy does that sound good.. Kay
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Judy your news is absolutely
    Judy your news is absolutely wonderful. There is an end to all this. Congrats on NED!!
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Judy this is awesome
    Judy this is awesome news...congrads!!!