bike trip

Options
2»

Comments

• angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

Gracie and Don
    Hey Gracie, Sounds like you had a good group to ride with! I am sorry to hear that you no longer are able to continue with it, but I understand. And you are right about the "van" I think that would have hurt more then helped. Maybe a convertible?? top down wind in your hair...I know it aint the same but. I like the "geritol gang", what a hoot! and 250 to 300 miles a day is a nice pace I think. I know for us even in my prime we didnt do much more then that because we found to many places and things to stop and investigate, and a lot of time talking to other travelers, or the locals. Seems when you are on a bike people are just naturally curious about what you are doing, where you are going, etc. From experience I can say that I have met more people while traveling on two wheels then I ever have while in a car. Strange maybe but true.
    Glad you "few little spills" were nothing serious, and congrats on facing your nervousness and having a great time. someone said you should do one thing that scares you everyday, and while in theroy I agree, lets just say some of people dont scare easy, lol!

Don, You are in for a great time. I am happy your balance issues are better, that was one of the issues for me as well. If this is your first bike I would like to suggest a training course. Dont know about your area but around here they run a couple a year and are very popular. When the kids were old enough for me to ride again I signed up myself, figured a refresher wouldnt be a bad idea, and while I had a lot of experience I still learned a few things and it got me back in the motorcycle frame of mind so to speak. Defensive riding is a must.
    good luck, have fun, and remember that smile plastered on your face as you ride is an invitation bugs! LOL. who knows maybe some day we will meet out on the road somewhere? better start practicing your "biker wave" so it'll be cool and smooth when ya hit the open road!

Thx everyone for the kind words
    hope this finds ya smilin
    Chris

That looks like you had a wonderful time
    With your wife and friends,Its awsome to be able to do that with good people ,Angel and I and his brother took off from phoenix and went to simi valley ca had some good rides along the coast from venice to santa barbara that was about a year before he passed. I was glad we took the trip good memories for me.And you guys are on the comfortable harley lucky, we had a road king but i would of liked the one like you have for long trips. Well have a wonderful day Take care
    michelle
  • JDuke
    JDuke Member Posts: 438
    Options

With your wife and friends,Its awsome to be able to do that with good people ,Angel and I and his brother took off from phoenix and went to simi valley ca had some good rides along the coast from venice to santa barbara that was about a year before he passed. I was glad we took the trip good memories for me.And you guys are on the comfortable harley lucky, we had a road king but i would of liked the one like you have for long trips. Well have a wonderful day Take care
    michelle

Chris.
    thanks for sharing the pics and details of your trip. My husband has a Harley and this just might have inspired me to have him dust it off!!! I am not much on riding, we live in the city, but trailering it behind the RV up to northern Georgia or Tennessee might be the ticket. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Best regards,
    Joanne
  • Joy1216
    Joy1216 Member Posts: 290 Member
    Options

michelle

Simi Valley
    Last summer my husband, my son, and I went to the Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley. It's beautiful country. Sounds like you had a great bike trip. I hope that memory makes you smile and brings you comfort.
    Joy
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options

Gracie and Don
    Hey Gracie, Sounds like you had a good group to ride with! I am sorry to hear that you no longer are able to continue with it, but I understand. And you are right about the "van" I think that would have hurt more then helped. Maybe a convertible?? top down wind in your hair...I know it aint the same but. I like the "geritol gang", what a hoot! and 250 to 300 miles a day is a nice pace I think. I know for us even in my prime we didnt do much more then that because we found to many places and things to stop and investigate, and a lot of time talking to other travelers, or the locals. Seems when you are on a bike people are just naturally curious about what you are doing, where you are going, etc. From experience I can say that I have met more people while traveling on two wheels then I ever have while in a car. Strange maybe but true.
    Glad you "few little spills" were nothing serious, and congrats on facing your nervousness and having a great time. someone said you should do one thing that scares you everyday, and while in theroy I agree, lets just say some of people dont scare easy, lol!

Don, You are in for a great time. I am happy your balance issues are better, that was one of the issues for me as well. If this is your first bike I would like to suggest a training course. Dont know about your area but around here they run a couple a year and are very popular. When the kids were old enough for me to ride again I signed up myself, figured a refresher wouldnt be a bad idea, and while I had a lot of experience I still learned a few things and it got me back in the motorcycle frame of mind so to speak. Defensive riding is a must.
    good luck, have fun, and remember that smile plastered on your face as you ride is an invitation bugs! LOL. who knows maybe some day we will meet out on the road somewhere? better start practicing your "biker wave" so it'll be cool and smooth when ya hit the open road!

Thx everyone for the kind words
    hope this finds ya smilin
    Chris

luv it Chris
    Way to go mate ,I put a similar post on the fishing website not long back titled"What old farts do on the weekend". They keep telling me I should be dead ,but I don't have to believe them. Ride on my friend:):):) Ron.
  • ron50 said:

luv it Chris
    Way to go mate ,I put a similar post on the fishing website not long back titled"What old farts do on the weekend". They keep telling me I should be dead ,but I don't have to believe them. Ride on my friend:):):) Ron.

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    Chris
    Chris,
    The picture are fantastic!! What a wonderful trip for all of you! Thanks for sharing.

Aloha,
    kathleen
  • greybeard64
    greybeard64 Member Posts: 254
    Options
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

yeah, Im curious too
    I am also curious about what type of fish that is, havent seen one like it around my neck of the woods. It does look "Carpish" a bit color wise but the mouth at least with these eyes looks to big. fill us in Ron, What is that, other then DELICIOUS, lol.
  • greybeard64
    greybeard64 Member Posts: 254
    Options

Chris
    Chris,
    The picture are fantastic!! What a wonderful trip for all of you! Thanks for sharing.

Aloha,
    kathleen

to all
    thanks again for the well wishes and for allowing me to share.

Kathleen, the pics are due to my wife, she is the photographer for our group. seems the rest of us never remember.

Joy I take it your family rides? either way what a nice way to spend time with the family. I was stationed in San Diego, San Fran, and the Puget Sound area of Washington state, as far as my west coast days in the Navy are concerned but I never made it to the valley. It is on my list but...may be awhile before I tackle that long of a trip. sure would be nice though.

Ron You and me my friend, let them keep all their statistics and Ill just keep on, keepin on as they use to say. And Fishin is the next best thing to riding the bike. both put me in a good place mentally!

Joanne Glad I "inspired" you, I am sure your husband would enjoy a trip like that so get out there who knows we may "bump" into each other. I dont enjoy city riding either, do it when I have to but for the most part even on long trips we stick to the side roads, old highways, and less trafic. the pace is slower and thats the way we like it. be safe out there.

Michelle I cant tell you how many times I have been riding somewhere and the picture of you and your husband will pop into my head. I am sure you have so many memories of your time and your rides together. I hope they bring you a smile and a warm loving feeling. Youre posts are always so nice, you deserve happiness in your life and I hope your memories provide you that. bless you my friend.

Kathleen, aloha to you. I have been to Hawaii several times (Navy) and could kick myself for not ever renting a bike and adding Hawaii to my list of states. What a beautiful and inspiring place to call home! thx for the well wishes and allowing me to share.

Thomas Fuller said: "Friendships multiply joy and divide griefs." and this board is a perfect example of that. bless you all, and may we all find peace, love, and hope for many days to come. You guys and gals are truely special people and I am so thankful I found this site. through it and because of all of you, I am finding more of myself everyday.
    As always I hope this finds ya smilin'!
    Chris