Cant believe im posting this embarrassing question...

Options
jo jo
jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well here it goes....
Ive been on Tamoxifen for almost 3 months now and in the beginning i was sore and very dry, it hurt to have sex ect ect...now its just the opposite, the well isnt dry anymore and kinda over flowing.
So im confused cuz i thought since my cancer was estrogen fed that the Tamoxifen was suppose to stop that causing the dryness.
Is this something i should be worring about or should i be happy that the well isnt all dried up.
Seriously confused!

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Never be embarassed about anything on this site! OK? lol
    Hey JoJo! I am not taking tamox yet, but, I found this on the breastcancer.org site.

"Watery vaginal discharge is a known side effect of tamoxifen. Usually, it's not terribly troubling, although in some cases it can require a woman to wear a mini pad all the time. A bloody discharge, of course, absolutely needs to be mentioned to your health care providers, because this is not a typical tamoxifen side effect, and it should be evaluated immediately."

I have read on here before about some of our sisters in pink having the discharge. If you are concerned, call your oncologist and ask him. I probably would just for peace of mind. It never hurts and it is just a phone call.

Glad your well isn't dried up..lol

Sue :)
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    Don't be embarrassed
    I've never heard of that particular side effect and I do know that the well is VERY dry if you're on Femara, which I am. I'm guessing you should maybe call someone at your dr's office to verify it's not a problem, then go enjoy and for that matter, enjoy for all of us with dried up wells.

: ) : ) : )
    marge
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Don't be embarrassed--you
    Don't be embarrassed--you are right!

I had a vaginal discharge too. I asked my oncologist about it and he said I needed to see my gyn right away. That freaked me out and I cried all of the way to his office thinking all kinds of bad things were wrong!

To make a long story short, the gyn said it was the tamoxifen and not to worry. To be fair to my oncologist, this was 23 yrs ago and I don't think that particular side effect was as well known.
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Well jo jo
    I must say that it's good that the well isn't dry! I'm sorry but I can't help you since I haven't had too many sexy thoughts in about a year! But seriously I wouldn't worry about it maybe something good has come for a change!
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Well jo jo
    I must say that it's good that the well isn't dry! I'm sorry but I can't help you since I haven't had too many sexy thoughts in about a year! But seriously I wouldn't worry about it maybe something good has come for a change!
    Hugs,
    Wanda

Don't be embarrass .. this is a natural phase of our
    treatments and getting back to 'normalcy'. I give you KUDOS for keeping your sex life going - even tho you have been thru so much. I have the opposite, my husband is afraid to touch me .. or bother me .. in fact, sometimes if I sneeze or cough he comes running in from another part of the house .. asking if he needs to contact my doctor, or if we need to drive down to the ER. Consider this part of your marriage a blessing.

Keep on truckin .. Sister

Vicki Sam
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Don't be embarrass .. this is a natural phase of our
    treatments and getting back to 'normalcy'. I give you KUDOS for keeping your sex life going - even tho you have been thru so much. I have the opposite, my husband is afraid to touch me .. or bother me .. in fact, sometimes if I sneeze or cough he comes running in from another part of the house .. asking if he needs to contact my doctor, or if we need to drive down to the ER. Consider this part of your marriage a blessing.

Keep on truckin .. Sister

Vicki Sam

tamoxifen acts estrogen like
    tamoxifen acts estrogen like on your vagina, many people have a discharge and think its an infection. I was warned about this pre tamoxifen. its almost like being a teenager again. tamoxifen also works estrogen like on your bones,lowers cholesterol. A good book is After Breast Cancer by Hester Hill Schnipper. She is one of the oncology social workers at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. (actually mine) I did nt know about the book until someone here mentioned it. Dr.Susan Love gave it her stamp of approval.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    carkris said:

tamoxifen acts estrogen like
    tamoxifen acts estrogen like on your vagina, many people have a discharge and think its an infection. I was warned about this pre tamoxifen. its almost like being a teenager again. tamoxifen also works estrogen like on your bones,lowers cholesterol. A good book is After Breast Cancer by Hester Hill Schnipper. She is one of the oncology social workers at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. (actually mine) I did nt know about the book until someone here mentioned it. Dr.Susan Love gave it her stamp of approval.

Jo Jo
    you already have complete answers. Just do not forget to see a good gynecologist on regular basis at least twice a year and mention about Tamoxifen.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options

Jo Jo
    you already have complete answers. Just do not forget to see a good gynecologist on regular basis at least twice a year and mention about Tamoxifen.

I agree....
    Don't forget to tell the GYN about the Tami!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Whew....thats a load off my
    Whew....thats a load off my mind. I just seen my gyn doc (which is my family doctor) last month and see her on regular basis but this didnt happen till after i seen her and im not due to see her for another 5 months. I guess i will call her and mention it to her and let her decide if she needs to see me or not. If not than i guess i just enjoy the well not being dry!! :)