Its back..cyberknife questions?

impactzone
impactzone Member Posts: 551 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well, looks like it is back. Below is the PET info based on rising CEA. On the positive front, I have an appt with surgeon next week. They may do cyberknife as I only have 1 and 1/4 of my lung remaining after two previous surgeries. It will depend on the location and surgeon consultation. If anyone has experience with cyberknife I'd love to hear it. This will be done at Stanford where Cyberknife was developed.

1. HYPERMETABOLIC ACTIVITY WITHIN THE SOFT TISSUE AT THE RIGHT LOWER
LOBE WEDGE RESECTION SITE HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS FOR RECURRENT/RESIDUAL
DISEASE. NO DEFINITE EVIDENCE OF DISTANT METASTATIC DISEASE.
2. POSTSURGICAL CHANGES IN THE POSTERIOR SEGMENT RIGHT HEPATIC LOBE.
OTHER TINY LIVER HYPODENSITIES DO NOT DEFINITELY SHOW FDG ACTIVITY,
BUT MAY BE BELOW THE RESOLUTION OF PET.
3. NEW COMPLETE OPACIFICATION OF THE LEFT FRONTAL, BILATERAL
ANTERIOR ETHMOID, AND BILATERAL MAXILLARY SINUSES WITH INCREASED FDG
ACTIVITY IN CONSISTENT WITH SINUSITIS.

Chip

Comments

• AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    I am sorry
    But I am glad you have an appointment with the surgeon so soon. Best of luck with your appoinment.
  • John23
    John23 Member Posts: 2,122 Member
    Chip -

There's been a few new comments on that other thread:
    http://csn.cancer.org/node/197514

It may give you some food to play with...

Best wishes for good health!

John
  • biglaur
    biglaur Member Posts: 72 Member
    I had it
    In between rounds 5 and 6 of chemo...(I took 5 weeks off for my daughter's wedding). While taking that break I underwent cyberknife radiation at UCSD with Dr. Arno Mundt (a very cool brilliant guy) I had one liver met and one lung met. 6 zaps to the liver, 3 zaps to the lung. It was EASY PEASY. I had no side effects at all...they said I might get tired...but I didn't. Felt great (a relief to be off chemo for a bit) It's a very cool machine, quick and efficient. You wear spacey goggles so you can watch a video monitor and regulate your breathing...they zap you only while exhaling. The worst part...I was on a clinical trial that required ct scans every 6 weeks...the radiation caused inflammation to show up on my scans and freaked everyone. They thought my tumors had doubled in size...but my radio-onc assured them it was just inflamation and not to be concerned. Sure enough...after 2 months things quieted down. That was Oct '08...I'm still going strong! If you have any questions don't hesitate to e:mail Laurie rtpatrl@cox.net
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Sorry, Chip
    Hey, Chip.

I was hoping you were NOT going to get that report, but you are strong and can deal with it, I believe.

I'll be praying for you.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    tootsie1 said:

Sorry, Chip
    Hey, Chip.

I was hoping you were NOT going to get that report, but you are strong and can deal with it, I believe.

I'll be praying for you.

*hugs*
    Gail

Hey Chip
    I am scheduled for Cyberknife at St. Louis University. I go next week to get beads put in. I have tumor in Hilum area of Rt. Lung and I am very excited to get it done. Hope all goes well for you. Keep us informed.

Jennie
  • John23
    John23 Member Posts: 2,122 Member
    biglaur said:

I had it
    In between rounds 5 and 6 of chemo...(I took 5 weeks off for my daughter's wedding). While taking that break I underwent cyberknife radiation at UCSD with Dr. Arno Mundt (a very cool brilliant guy) I had one liver met and one lung met. 6 zaps to the liver, 3 zaps to the lung. It was EASY PEASY. I had no side effects at all...they said I might get tired...but I didn't. Felt great (a relief to be off chemo for a bit) It's a very cool machine, quick and efficient. You wear spacey goggles so you can watch a video monitor and regulate your breathing...they zap you only while exhaling. The worst part...I was on a clinical trial that required ct scans every 6 weeks...the radiation caused inflammation to show up on my scans and freaked everyone. They thought my tumors had doubled in size...but my radio-onc assured them it was just inflamation and not to be concerned. Sure enough...after 2 months things quieted down. That was Oct '08...I'm still going strong! If you have any questions don't hesitate to e:mail Laurie rtpatrl@cox.net

Laurie -

Thanks for the input regarding your -personal- experience, it is
    that, that is needed on these forums!

Your good experience adds to the positive side of the new technology;
    a technology that others of us can only speculate about.

Stay well!

John
  • Hey Chip
    I am scheduled for Cyberknife at St. Louis University. I go next week to get beads put in. I have tumor in Hilum area of Rt. Lung and I am very excited to get it done. Hope all goes well for you. Keep us informed.

Jennie

This comment has been removed by the Moderator