Wonderful news from lumpectomy!

winsomebulldog
winsomebulldog Member Posts: 117 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had my lumpectomy yesterday, and the news in as good as it could possibly be. (well, other than if God had done a miracle and the tumor would have been gone altogether.) :D My lymph nodes were clear, meaning the cancer has not spread. My chest xray & CT were both clear as well. My dear surgeon came into the recovery room and gave me a double thumbs up and a big smile before I was even fully awake. She said they were all shouting for joy in the OR when they got the call from the pathologist.

So, I'm still going to be getting chemo & radiation, but the news is still fantastic. God is SO GOOD!

I had all kinds of family and friends there with me, too. My hubby and sister, pastor's wife and another church friend, and my absolute best friend from childhood & high school drove up from Mississippi (my home state) with her husband a couple of days earlier and we spent most of the day together on Wednesday just chatting & catching up. She told me she had half the people in my hometown (Corinth, MS - visit if you ever get the chance!) praying for me, too. Add in my own church, family, and other miscellaneous friends here (bless you all), and over at Worthy Christian Forums and that's a LOT of "effectual, fervent prayer availing much"! Plus, when we got home yesterday afternoon, another sweet friend brought over a crockpot full of a gorgeous roast with taters & carrots! I didn't get to eat any of it last night because I was supposed to keep my meals light, but hubby had some & said it was good. I'm so thankful that I won't need to think about cooking for a couple of days, maybe the soreness will be better by then.

The radiology dept's shots were pretty painful, but over quickly as many of you said. Now I'm going to take it easy for a few days while my incisions heal. I have appointments with my medical & radiological oncologists next Thursday. I'll update when I know more.

I just wanted to give a quick update and to tell everyone how grateful I am for all the love, support, and well wishes! God bless you all!

Comments

• Snowkitty
    Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
    Excellent news
    Ain't it grand to get that thing out? What a relief. And to get the good results. Best day ever, so far. Congrats.

Take care, Cindy
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I'm dancing for you!!!
    YEA!!!!

Please keep us posted!!!

I'm at 5 years, and it's GREAT living!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Glad everything went well!
    Awesome news. Thanks for sharing. Keep us posted and keep the positive attitude. It definitely helps!!!!!! Hugs, Jean
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Yes thanks for sharing your
    Yes thanks for sharing your wonderful news, it really lifts our spirits. In the big scale, that was the greatest outcome. Use that positive attitute to get you thru the rest.
    Lupe
  • MNLynn
    MNLynn Member Posts: 224
    I am so, so happy for you!!!
    I am so, so happy for you!!! And what a wonderful support group you have - just what one needs with something like this barging into your life.

Please know that I am adding my prayers for your good health to all the others you are receiving.

I hope all goes well for you with your treatments. Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing.

♥ Lynn ♥
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    GREAT NEWS!!
    AWESOME!! I'm so very happy for you! I also had no lymph node involvement -when I woke from surgery and saw the look of relief and happiness on my husband's face I knew that was the case before he even said anything!
    You rest and recover & again, I'm So happy for you. That is wonderful news, and it's great that you have such a large network of supporters!
    *big big BIG hugs!*
    Heather
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Wonderful news!
    So, so happy for you. And what a wonderful support system you have. Good luck on your recovery and bask in this happy news!

Hugs, Renee
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440
    missrenee said:

Wonderful news!
    So, so happy for you. And what a wonderful support system you have. Good luck on your recovery and bask in this happy news!

Hugs, Renee

Fantastic
    I'm so Happy for you, Thank You for sharing.
    Have a Great day and God Bless.
    Karie
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    This is AWESOME news!!!!
    Im

This is AWESOME news!!!!
    Im glad you have a great support group and people that care enough to be there for you. Sorry you couldnt try any of the pot roast...sounds good!
    Keep us updated!
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH
    I am so happy for you! God is good.....Take it easy, let anyone who offers to help, do for you.......rest, rest rest..........

Peace be with you!
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Great news!!
    I am so happy for you! Your results sound like mine did and I know how happy I was. God is so good!! I have finished my chemo and I am on day 5 of rads. I have done really well, will keep you in my prayers! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • survives
    survives Member Posts: 254 Member

Great news!!
    I am so happy for you! Your results sound like mine did and I know how happy I was. God is so good!! I have finished my chemo and I am on day 5 of rads. I have done really well, will keep you in my prayers! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

It is FANTASTIC news!!
    God is wonderful, and may you continue to heal at n equally fantastic pace!
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    survives said:

It is FANTASTIC news!!
    God is wonderful, and may you continue to heal at n equally fantastic pace!

I love good news.
    Happy happy yes. Sounds like my results too. The surgeon couldn't find anything when he went in, said all tissue was new. He removed some tissue where the tumor used to be. Path report came back no cancer none whatsoever, all new tissue. Dr. Jenkins told me I was his "miracle patient."