First CT Scan since being told I was NED in April

jmaddox915
jmaddox915 Member Posts: 80 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I had my first CT scan and follow up exam since my doctor told me I was NED on April 6th of this year. My doctor called today and the news wasn't what I expected but I am not sure it is all that bad. Here is what he told me:

1. The CT scan showed some fluid around my heart. He is going to schedule an electrocardio gram to investigate.

2. The CT scan showed my liver looked ok and the clot I had was gone. He then added, "of course, I can't be 100% sure about your liver without a liver MRI". I only had one original spot about the size of quarter when I was dx a year ago. I had a liver resection on what was left in March which was about the size of a pencil eraser and was inactive.

3. My remaining ovary is "full". He is not sure if that is a cyst or my colon cancer showing up in my ovary. He is ordering an ultrasound to investigate this.

You would think by now that I would know better than to do "research" on the internet on these things. It will scare the heck out of you. I read that cancer can be one reason for the fluid around the heart and I also read it can be a side effect from chemo. Of course, you can't help but gravitate to the first thing.

Anyway, I just wanted to put this out there and welcome any comments, advice, positive thoughts and prayers.

Comments

• tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    praying things are good
    I don't have any answers for you, but I CAN do the prayers.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • jams67
    jams67 Member Posts: 925 Member
    ultrasound
    When is your ultrasound? Prayers are being said for you and your family. Jo Ann
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Scan
    If you are having an MRI that maybe could tell more about your situation. Hoping that all goes well with your upcoming tests. This disease is so spiteful and intrusive on even the healthiest people. Chemo can do a lot to your body so hopefully things will settle down with all your tests. Don't do the internet thing because that can drive you crazy. Keep us informed.

Kim
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    It sounds to me like you
    It sounds to me like you have a thorough doctor, so that is great he is following up with the approriate tests. You are right about internet research; it can really scare you. Good luck with the tests + please let us know the results.
  • jmaddox915
    jmaddox915 Member Posts: 80 Member
    AnneCan said:

It sounds to me like you
    It sounds to me like you have a thorough doctor, so that is great he is following up with the approriate tests. You are right about internet research; it can really scare you. Good luck with the tests + please let us know the results.

Thank you for all of your
    Thank you for all of your posts. I will update this discussion as soon as I get results from the other tests. I also thank you for your prayers. I know that is what has brought me this far and will continue to sustain me.
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Sending you good thoughts
    and prayers, please keep us informed.