Another day in the chemo bay

Options
tjohnson2310
tjohnson2310 Member Posts: 168 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Today was my second cycle of Taxol. I will get it every week for 12 weeks then FEC every 3 weeks for 12 weeks. Last time I had very little nausea about 48 hours after administration. They give me ALOXI before chemo and compazine for breakthrough nausea. The compazine worked great. I am also so glad to have a port...still sore but getting better. The nurse told me i will probably start losing my hair. I cut my hair in a short style 1 week before my first treatment. I will be shaving my head this weekend. I've heard the scalp is sensitive when the hair starts to fall. I have been wearing The BeauBeau which are scarves from 4women.com. They are great looking scarves. I don't plan to wear wigs or go bald so i am going to have to start a collection....Any way,I hope to get through the next 22 weeks as comfortably as possible.

Comments

• smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Sounds like you have a plan
    Sounds like you have a plan that will work well. I also take the compazine for nausea. I am taking 6 rounds 3 weeks apart of taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin. My hair went on day 14 after my first treatment. I also do the scarfs, wigs are to hot for me. I don't like hats. Good luck to you.. Take care Stay strong. Kay
  • tjohnson2310
    Options

Sounds like you have a plan
    Sounds like you have a plan that will work well. I also take the compazine for nausea. I am taking 6 rounds 3 weeks apart of taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin. My hair went on day 14 after my first treatment. I also do the scarfs, wigs are to hot for me. I don't like hats. Good luck to you.. Take care Stay strong. Kay

Thank u
    Thank you for encouraging words. I wish you the best as well. I feel the same way about wigs..they are to hot.
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options

Thank u
    Thank you for encouraging words. I wish you the best as well. I feel the same way about wigs..they are to hot.

I am on Taxol also, it has
    I am on Taxol also, it has not been too bad. My head is sensitive, i have hats and i did get a wig that I really like a lot. It is very hot to wear now, but I will wear it when it gets cooler. I wore a wig last time i was on chemo, it is very cold in the winter with no hair! I am sure that you will do well on chemo. I also like big hoop earings and makeup, helps me feel a little bit better.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    I am sending my best of
    I am sending my best of wishes to you to get through your treatments. I, too, wore the beaubeau's throughout my bald days. I actually collected about 10 of them. They are beautiful and available in every color you could want or need. Keep posting and let us know how you are doing. Take care.
  • tjohnson2310
    Options
    meena1 said:

I am on Taxol also, it has
    I am on Taxol also, it has not been too bad. My head is sensitive, i have hats and i did get a wig that I really like a lot. It is very hot to wear now, but I will wear it when it gets cooler. I wore a wig last time i was on chemo, it is very cold in the winter with no hair! I am sure that you will do well on chemo. I also like big hoop earings and makeup, helps me feel a little bit better.

Me too
    I wear hoops as well with my scarves. It makes me feel stylish.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

I am sending my best of
    I am sending my best of wishes to you to get through your treatments. I, too, wore the beaubeau's throughout my bald days. I actually collected about 10 of them. They are beautiful and available in every color you could want or need. Keep posting and let us know how you are doing. Take care.

Strength and Courage .. Taxol killed me and my
    personality, oh maybe it was the chemo cocktail, news about having breast cancer or the dark and stormy mood I've been in for the past 12 months. Anyways, take care of yourself, hydrate, rest and move about as much as possible. Be kind to yourself.

Vicki Sam