One year Ago tomorrow I had my Lumpectomy

Options
lanie940
lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I can't believe a year has gone by. It was so frightening to get that dreaded diagnosis. I consider myself lucky that I'm doing pretty good today. I got a good report from my oncology surgeon last week. I hope all you gals are doing well. Have to say, the best thing about this cancer was meeting so many wonderful online friends, I love you all.

Comments

• sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    That's wonderful news!
    Yes, it is so frightening getting that diagnosis. I think we can all remember every detail of that day.

But you're a year past that and doing good!

Thanks for sharing :)

Sylvia
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    sea60 said:

That's wonderful news!
    Yes, it is so frightening getting that diagnosis. I think we can all remember every detail of that day.

But you're a year past that and doing good!

Thanks for sharing :)

Sylvia

Congrats on your one year!
    Congrats on your one year! Such good news!
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Options
    I know what you mean. In Oct
    I know what you mean. In Oct will be my one year since my lumpectomy. I think time has gone pretty quick. And Im glad it did. Im having my 1st Mammo and Breast MRI next month. Im a little nervous. But still hopeful all ok.
    Lupe
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 1-year mark!!
    Hi Lanie, haven't seen you around for a while. It is wonderful to read that you are doing well. Take care of yourself and don't be a stranger.
  • sgamtd
    sgamtd Member Posts: 124
    Options
    1 year anniversary
    Dear Lanie
    Congratulations, so good to see you post that you are doing well,I also had my lumpectomy in July of '09, and can say the same thing. It's nice to just enjoy life and have cancer treatments behind us.
    Maybe we will hear from some more of the warriors from July 09, I am not good at remembering names, (just a senior moment thing) but do recall there being a bunch of us having surgery in July 09, of course sadly I must admit any given month has alot. I pray a cure is found in our lifetime.

Gentle hugs
    sgamtd
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    Happy cancerversary!!!!
    May you have a hundred more cancer-free anniversaries.

marge
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Happy cancerversary!!!!
    May you have a hundred more cancer-free anniversaries.

marge

Hey there Lanie .. Congratulations ....
    I am glad you are going great, and living life.!!

Vicki Sam