Lump in the armpit

Options
Lighthouse_7
Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I recently felt a lump in my left armpit, the same side that my bc was on. At first I thought it was nothing but now am worried. I will see my Dr. on Aug. 10th and of course ask him, but I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
I feel it better when I raise my arm and it does move freely.
Any thoughts.
Thanks,
Wanda

Comments

• susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    I don't think I would wait
    I don't think I would wait until August 10th. I think you should call him now and tell him. I didn't have this, but, if I did, I would call my doctor right away.
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Hi wanda i just wrote about
    Hi wanda i just wrote about this on someone elses post. I had a lump through chemo and i went to my doctor about it and it took 3 times of going back cuz it kept disappearring and coming back...long story short she told me as long as they keep disappearing you really dont need to worry just have it checked out if you can...its when they stick around that you need to get into the doctors. Mine would stick around 2-4 weeks before they would disappear. I know its scary to find lumps after breast cancer and once again its a waitng game to see if it goes away or not. If its still there by your appointment date have them look at it and if you feel uncomfortable waiting then call and ask if you can get in sooner for them to look at it.
    But i would have your doctor look at it no matter what.
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    jo jo said:

Hi wanda i just wrote about this on someone elses post. I had a lump through chemo and i went to my doctor about it and it took 3 times of going back cuz it kept disappearring and coming back...long story short she told me as long as they keep disappearing you really dont need to worry just have it checked out if you can...its when they stick around that you need to get into the doctors. Mine would stick around 2-4 weeks before they would disappear. I know its scary to find lumps after breast cancer and once again its a waitng game to see if it goes away or not. If its still there by your appointment date have them look at it and if you feel uncomfortable waiting then call and ask if you can get in sooner for them to look at it.

I think you should contact
    I think you should contact your doctor about this, i had a lump under my arm pit and it turned out to be a swollen lymph node, which needs to be looked at immediately.
  • Lighthouse_7
    Options
    meena1 said:

I think you should contact
    I think you should contact your doctor about this, i had a lump under my arm pit and it turned out to be a swollen lymph node, which needs to be looked at immediately.

meena
    Was your ok even though it was swollen?
  • Lighthouse_7
    Options
    jo jo said:

Thanks jo jo
    I think I'll try to see him earlier. I'm getting nervous now.
    I'll keep you posted.
    Wanda
  • Lighthouse_7
    Options
    susie09 said:

I don't think I would wait
    I don't think I would wait until August 10th. I think you should call him now and tell him. I didn't have this, but, if I did, I would call my doctor right away.

Suzie
    Thanks and I will call tomorrow to see if I can get in earlier. It's probably nothing but after what we've been through it's scary.
  • Shadow904
    Shadow904 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Please get checked
    Hi Wanda,

I am a survivor of IBC (Inflammatory Breast Cancer) and it all started under my arm as a lump. I ignored it for quite a few months thinking it was just a cyst, as bc doesn't run in my family. Well, needless to say, when my breast started changing in appearance, lump grew as well. Was diagnosed then with IBC which spread to my lymph nodes. Please don't overlook any lump under your armpits. Glad you are seeing your Dr.

Best of luck,
    Yvonne
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    Shadow904 said:

Please get checked
    Hi Wanda,

I am a survivor of IBC (Inflammatory Breast Cancer) and it all started under my arm as a lump. I ignored it for quite a few months thinking it was just a cyst, as bc doesn't run in my family. Well, needless to say, when my breast started changing in appearance, lump grew as well. Was diagnosed then with IBC which spread to my lymph nodes. Please don't overlook any lump under your armpits. Glad you are seeing your Dr.

Best of luck,
    Yvonne

Wanda
    I do not want to scary you . but finding a lump under my armpit that how I discovered my cancer two years ago. Please check with your doctor as soon as you can.
    hugs
  • Svenska 54
    Svenska 54 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Wanda
    I do not want to scary you . but finding a lump under my armpit that how I discovered my cancer two years ago. Please check with your doctor as soon as you can.
    hugs

As to a lump,
    I had a slightly swollen arm and a small fatty lump in my armpit. I went to the doctor about it and that's how they found my breast cancer. Turns out the swelling was from lymphedema and the cancer was mostly on the back wall so was not being seen or felt for a long time and was already becoming stage IV. Get it checked - now.
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Wanda,
    Don't panic, but get it checked. You don't want to mess with lumps. I would call my oncologist and say you are worried about a lump under your armpit and you need to see her earlier than your appointment. Most will try to fit you in. Just find out for sure so you won't have to worry. Hugs. Please let us know.

Mimi