Options
2»

Comments

• maggie_wilson
    maggie_wilson Member Posts: 596
    Options
    daisy366 said:

Thanks for all your kind words. Diane, you are right
    Funny thing about "perfectionist tendencies" - you hit the nail on the head with that one. I know I got on your case about the ice cream and you would have scoffed at me yesterday - I just ate the worst lunch for the diet I've been following but thought - what the heck. I enjoyed a roast beef sandwich on roll with au jus, fried onion rings, and triffle for dessert! There was a decent spinach salad - but with dastardly bacon bits!!! It really did hit the spot.

Simonton's book talks about his work with terminally ill (given up for dead) cancer patients and use of guided imagery and other exercises to get at the person's core thinking. He had success if reversing progression of disease. I just ordered another book he co-authored entitled 9 steps to reverse and prevent cancer.

I'm reading Louise Hay's book now - and forging ahead like we all do.

Many blessings to you all. Mary Ann

mary ann

i must say i enjoyed vicariously your lunch the other day, as i did linda's description of a meal she'd served guests, and the left overs. yummy. i do occasionally let myself have a bite of this dessert or that, or a bite of hamburger, but clearly doesn't really satisfy. what truly is delicious is my nightly bowl of fresh summer fruit, fresh ginger, and unsweetened low fat yogurt--the best! still, miss the old foods, and don't really think it does any harm to stray from time to time. thanx for letting us know your lunch menu! and for recommending simonton's 9 steps to reverse and prevent cancer--sounds just the ticket.

keep taking good care,
    sisterhood,
    maggie