Did you wear your wig for Rad treatments?

Options
tally
tally Member Posts: 48
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hey ladies. I start radiation Aug 9 and I'm wondering if any of you wore your wig during your radiation treatments. The lady at the wig shop advised me not to. She said she'd had customers who'd had there wigs damaged be radiation treatments. I asked the nurse yesterday at rads while I was getting marked and she said it wouldn't hurt it but I want to know your experience. I will have to leave work to go to treatment and then come back to work and I don't need a melted wig. Thanks pink sisters.

Comments

• MGNS
    MGNS Member Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I wore my wig to every
    I wore my wig to every treatment and there was no problem. Stay strong...you're almost finished! ((Hugs))
  • calabria03
    calabria03 Member Posts: 13
    Options
    I just finished rads on
    I just finished rads on Monday. I wore my wig to every treatment and didn't have any problems. Good Luck
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I wore my wig, too, for
    I wore my wig, too, for radiation treatments. No problem at with the wig. Good luck with radiation.
    BL
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options

I wore my wig, too, for
    I wore my wig, too, for radiation treatments. No problem at with the wig. Good luck with radiation.
    BL

I did not wear my wig for
    I did not wear my wig for rads ( to Hot ). I saw others with there wigs on and they did not seem to have a problem. I just liked my scarfs.
  • GrandmaJ
    GrandmaJ Member Posts: 209
    Options
    Wigs
    I wore my wig for each radiation treatment as I was still working at the time. I had no problems with it being damaged.

Judy
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Yes and No - Well sort of
    When I changed into my pink "Superwoman" cape and my terry robe to wait in the waiting room to go back to rads - I kept wig on sitting there. I took wig off when I took the robe off when back in the rads room. I was told I didn't need/have to - to do what made me more comfortable - it was more comfy to not have it on while laying there. Just me.
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options
    Rague said:

Yes and No - Well sort of
    When I changed into my pink "Superwoman" cape and my terry robe to wait in the waiting room to go back to rads - I kept wig on sitting there. I took wig off when I took the robe off when back in the rads room. I was told I didn't need/have to - to do what made me more comfortable - it was more comfy to not have it on while laying there. Just me.

I wore mine. No problem.

I wore mine. No problem.