Should be a happy day, but I'm too upset to enjoy it.

Options
2»

Comments

• jamiegww
    jamiegww Member Posts: 384
    Options
    Update on Rad copays
    Thank you everyone for replying to my posting about the copay per rad treatment. I talked to my insurance company again and was told that my rad treatments were billed as office visits which require a copay each time and that if they were billed as outpatient the copay would not be required. I then called the center where I got my chemo and rads and they insisted that they are set up as an office setting and are legally required to bill as such. I don't know how many offices have a chemo room and radiation machine??? Anyway, they said they would write-off four days a week of the copays and if they really do (I don't have that in writing)that will be wonderful! I was able to stop crying long enough to "enjoy" (yeah right) my last rad treatment and I brought subway cookies for the staff of the chemo and rad departments plus I gave a laughing monkey to the two rad techs because they were always telling me to stop laughing and be still. The staff at the center were wonderful and it's not their fault how the treatments are billed so I definitely wanted to show my appreciation. Anyway...........I'm looking forward to the future and thank you all again for being here to support me!

Hugs!
    Jamie
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    jamiegww said:

Update on Rad copays
    Thank you everyone for replying to my posting about the copay per rad treatment. I talked to my insurance company again and was told that my rad treatments were billed as office visits which require a copay each time and that if they were billed as outpatient the copay would not be required. I then called the center where I got my chemo and rads and they insisted that they are set up as an office setting and are legally required to bill as such. I don't know how many offices have a chemo room and radiation machine??? Anyway, they said they would write-off four days a week of the copays and if they really do (I don't have that in writing)that will be wonderful! I was able to stop crying long enough to "enjoy" (yeah right) my last rad treatment and I brought subway cookies for the staff of the chemo and rad departments plus I gave a laughing monkey to the two rad techs because they were always telling me to stop laughing and be still. The staff at the center were wonderful and it's not their fault how the treatments are billed so I definitely wanted to show my appreciation. Anyway...........I'm looking forward to the future and thank you all again for being here to support me!

Hugs!
    Jamie

Hoping that they will write
    Hoping that they will write off those 4 days a week for you. I know it will help. You have a great future ahead of you!

Hugs, Jan
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    roseann4 said:

Make affordable payment arrangements.
    Most of us were not aware that radiation is treated as a prescription and has a copay with each treatment. If you call the clinic/hospital where you had treatment, you can make payment arrangements as small as $20 per month. I have a $5,000 deductable so I had to pay $5,000 before anything was covered. I hit that pretty quickly then in Aug. 09 my health plan renewed so I had another 5,000 deductable. I was in the middle of my radiation treatments so I had to pay for 100% of the cost until I hit the 5,000 again. So I called and made payment arrangements I could afford. They were very nice about it.

No matter what the cost, you are worth it.

Roseann

Hoping that you had a happy
    Hoping that you had a happy day as finishing rads is a huge milestone!

Hugs, Angie
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    First things first
    I want to congratulate you on your Rad Grad. You got through it and have completed this phase of your treatment. I hope you have done something fun to celebrate your achievement.
    As for the copays, I am dealing with some billing issues myself. With everything else, these bills may seem overwhelming. Glad you contacted the biling department and was able to get them to consider other billing arrangements. I know that you can set up a payment plan that is more realistic.
    Hope you are enjoying your new found "free time" now that rads are finished.
    Hugs, K
  • 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My my my
    Congratulations on finishing all your radiation treatments! And I think it's good news to hear they will only bill you for one day a week. Boy this sure has me thinking that the same thing is going to happen to me. O had to go andf meet my rads doctor last week and at the time of filling at paperwork the young girl said, "that will be $25.00, my husband spoke up and said but I'm active duty" so then she just walked away. Crud we can't afford it either. grrrr I'm definitely going to be checking into this situation. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    KayNYC said:

First things first
    I want to congratulate you on your Rad Grad. You got through it and have completed this phase of your treatment. I hope you have done something fun to celebrate your achievement.
    As for the copays, I am dealing with some billing issues myself. With everything else, these bills may seem overwhelming. Glad you contacted the biling department and was able to get them to consider other billing arrangements. I know that you can set up a payment plan that is more realistic.
    Hope you are enjoying your new found "free time" now that rads are finished.
    Hugs, K

Congrats on becoming a new
    Congrats on becoming a new Rad Grad! It isn't easy to get through rads, and, you did it!

Hoping that the financial part of your treatment will work out for you.

♥ Noel