pain medication that works

Options
miss maggie
miss maggie Member Posts: 929
I haven't been online recently with any questions. But, each day I read the posts. After reading the posts, I say a prayer for each and everyone that submittedd the post. On one of the posts i read, someone posted a pain medication that really works. I tried finding the post, but was unsuccessful. At this time I have no need for this pain medication, but would like to make a note in the event I should ever need it.

Right now my dx is marginal B cell indologent,stage 1, low grade NHL in the bowel area. I understand from listening to a tela-conference this dx is chronic, and can lead to another type NHL. I was dx in sept 2009 when my small bowel perforated. Under went 4 weeks of rituxan, once weekly. I had a cat scan 3 weeks ago, and everything is negative at this time. I also had a colonscopy because the NHL was in the bowel area, that too was negative. My question, does anyone know what my dx can progress to in the future???? Iam scheduled for another pet scan in nov 2010. I know I am ahead of myself. Just curious.

Thanks miss maggie

Comments

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Options
    indicator markers...
    Hi miss maggie,
    My CT-scan(May 28th-10) pin pointed 3 areas where lumps had developed...groin, abdomen and neck. However, it also showed 3 seperate cell masses..lower left lung,right breast and left kidney area(I only have one kidney on the right side). My cancer doctor said that the cell masses are indicator markers where tumors "might" develope down the road. At this time she has no way of knowing if this will actually happen, but will monitor these areas with future CT-scans. She said it is not un-common for follicular NHL to show up in other areas of the body as the years go on. I have indolent slow growth NHL so it may take years and years for the masses to develope into tumor size, at least thats what I'm hearing from what my cancer doctor expalined to me. Once again this information just pertains to me and my cancer and may not apply to you. It is scary to think that even though one area can go into remission with treatment, but another area pop up and need to be treated. This information weighs heavy on my mind also. I take one Xanax before bed at night which helps me in alot of areas. It helps me to sleep, releases tension in my neck and shoulders and also helps with anxiety. I have been taking it for the last 22 years and have no ill side effects of any kind. It's kind of like a pain pill in the fact that it eases tension in muscles that get stiff and achey. I hope you can use some of this information and it helped in some small way. You sound like you are in pretty good shape right now and your tests are coming out good. Lets think positive thoughts that the scan in November will be the same.Hopefully others in the group can add more info towards your questions. Best wishes for you...
    Love...Sue
  • miss maggie
    miss maggie Member Posts: 929
    Options
    allmost60 said:

indicator markers...
    Hi miss maggie,
    My CT-scan(May 28th-10) pin pointed 3 areas where lumps had developed...groin, abdomen and neck. However, it also showed 3 seperate cell masses..lower left lung,right breast and left kidney area(I only have one kidney on the right side). My cancer doctor said that the cell masses are indicator markers where tumors "might" develope down the road. At this time she has no way of knowing if this will actually happen, but will monitor these areas with future CT-scans. She said it is not un-common for follicular NHL to show up in other areas of the body as the years go on. I have indolent slow growth NHL so it may take years and years for the masses to develope into tumor size, at least thats what I'm hearing from what my cancer doctor expalined to me. Once again this information just pertains to me and my cancer and may not apply to you. It is scary to think that even though one area can go into remission with treatment, but another area pop up and need to be treated. This information weighs heavy on my mind also. I take one Xanax before bed at night which helps me in alot of areas. It helps me to sleep, releases tension in my neck and shoulders and also helps with anxiety. I have been taking it for the last 22 years and have no ill side effects of any kind. It's kind of like a pain pill in the fact that it eases tension in muscles that get stiff and achey. I hope you can use some of this information and it helped in some small way. You sound like you are in pretty good shape right now and your tests are coming out good. Lets think positive thoughts that the scan in November will be the same.Hopefully others in the group can add more info towards your questions. Best wishes for you...
    Love...Sue

Sue thank you
    Thank you so ever much for your lengthy response to me. I do check this discussion board from time to time, I rarely post any questions. I have seen your posts and responses. I was quite surprised when my doctor told me even though everything came out clean, it can transform into another part of the body. On june 15, I participated in a teleconference with dr. leonard. I listened and spoke with the doctor, he confirmed what my doctor said. I thought everything was done and finished. I am very optimistic about my condition after reading everyone's posts. I see my condition is treatable. I suppose I have to be reasurred from time to time. I will never forget when I had to go for a bone marrow biopsy. I took zanex, other medication from my doctor and an injection at the site where the biopsy would be done. It was still painful and I found it to be unbearable. I read on one of the posts about some medication that takes away all the pain of whatever. I am anticipating in the future, future tests that might also be unbearable. Or another bone marrow biopsy. I can't understand why a patient can't be put to sleep for this procedure. As short as this procedure is. You too sue, my best wishes and prayers to you and everyone. love miss maggie