Chenheart .. Haven't heard from you in a few days .. Everything okay ?

Options
VickiSam
VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just checking up on you .. hoping everythings is ok.

Icky Vicki

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Thanks, you! I am doing
    Thanks, you! I am doing pretty darned well, all things considered! I had a wonderful experience on Saturday night, as a matter of fact.

Once a year, there is a healing ceremony held at night outside on the Reservation. This is a powerful, moving ceremony called a Bear Ceremony, and specific men, spiritual, caring tribal men travel to neighboring tribes to heal those who are in need, be it a healing of spirit, attitude or of course physical nature. No one knows why anyone else is there, and who they are concerned about~ just that the blessing is available to them.
    At about 10 PM, the Bears come out... These men wear actual Bear skins, including the heads and paws, and they pray for and with the tribal people while dancing around a huge firepit which has been "fed" with salmon and honey. People who want to can dance with the Bears as they circle the fire-pit...it is a very special, actually awe-inspiring event.

Unbeknownst to me, my Reggie had arranged for me to be singled out~ I was led to a chair where Bears touched me, hugged me, stroked my hair and face, with both their paws and with eagle feathers. I was sitting near the fire, and was tended to for about 15 minutes. Reggie arranged for Siobhan to be sitting next to me, and she was also encouraged to be strong and let go of negatives. One of the Bears gifted Siobhan an eagle feather as a reminder of the strength and dignity she can call on.

I so appreciated the loving care being shown to me by my new family and old friends from the tribe...and of course that my sweet Reggie wanted me to be a part of something so amazing.

So, I have been taking care of me~ and the regular every day concerns of life, too!

Thannks again for asking...and I hope, hope, hope to be part of the Great Long Beach Invasion of 2010!

Hugs,
    chen♥
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    chenheart said:

Thanks, you! I am doing
    Thanks, you! I am doing pretty darned well, all things considered! I had a wonderful experience on Saturday night, as a matter of fact.

Once a year, there is a healing ceremony held at night outside on the Reservation. This is a powerful, moving ceremony called a Bear Ceremony, and specific men, spiritual, caring tribal men travel to neighboring tribes to heal those who are in need, be it a healing of spirit, attitude or of course physical nature. No one knows why anyone else is there, and who they are concerned about~ just that the blessing is available to them.
    At about 10 PM, the Bears come out... These men wear actual Bear skins, including the heads and paws, and they pray for and with the tribal people while dancing around a huge firepit which has been "fed" with salmon and honey. People who want to can dance with the Bears as they circle the fire-pit...it is a very special, actually awe-inspiring event.

Unbeknownst to me, my Reggie had arranged for me to be singled out~ I was led to a chair where Bears touched me, hugged me, stroked my hair and face, with both their paws and with eagle feathers. I was sitting near the fire, and was tended to for about 15 minutes. Reggie arranged for Siobhan to be sitting next to me, and she was also encouraged to be strong and let go of negatives. One of the Bears gifted Siobhan an eagle feather as a reminder of the strength and dignity she can call on.

I so appreciated the loving care being shown to me by my new family and old friends from the tribe...and of course that my sweet Reggie wanted me to be a part of something so amazing.

So, I have been taking care of me~ and the regular every day concerns of life, too!

Thannks again for asking...and I hope, hope, hope to be part of the Great Long Beach Invasion of 2010!

Hugs,
    chen♥

Chen, We all already know how
    Chen, We all already know how special you are.

It is beautiful that Reggie could do this for you. The Bear Ceremony sounded wonderful.

I am part Cherokee on my mom's side. I have always kinda felt I had a spirit guide that was a grey wolf.

Glad you are still doing okay.

Hugs

Donna
  • chenheart
    Options

Chen, We all already know how
    Chen, We all already know how special you are.

It is beautiful that Reggie could do this for you. The Bear Ceremony sounded wonderful.

I am part Cherokee on my mom's side. I have always kinda felt I had a spirit guide that was a grey wolf.

Glad you are still doing okay.

Hugs

Donna

And what's to say that you
    And what's to say that you don't have a grey wolf spirit guide? For this Tribe, bears, eagles, dolphins, and owls are also significant and powerful. In their folklore,while traveling over a rainbow bridge which connected the mainland to their island home, the tribal families were told not to look down into the ocean as they crossed. Those who looked fell into the ocean and were instantly changed into dolphins, so their lives were all preserved. In September, when the tribe makes its annual ocean voyage via a traditional plank canoe, hundreds upon hundreds of dolphins jump and play and swim alongside the canoe...it is incredible!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

And what's to say that you
    And what's to say that you don't have a grey wolf spirit guide? For this Tribe, bears, eagles, dolphins, and owls are also significant and powerful. In their folklore,while traveling over a rainbow bridge which connected the mainland to their island home, the tribal families were told not to look down into the ocean as they crossed. Those who looked fell into the ocean and were instantly changed into dolphins, so their lives were all preserved. In September, when the tribe makes its annual ocean voyage via a traditional plank canoe, hundreds upon hundreds of dolphins jump and play and swim alongside the canoe...it is incredible!

that sounds so awesome!

that sounds so awesome!
  • chenheart
    Options
    carkris said:

that sounds so awesome!

that sounds so awesome!

It truly is! Reggie just
    It truly is! Reggie just built a new canoe for the voyage; it took him over two years, what with letting the wood dry, and weather, etc etc. The canoe is 30feet long, with 11' paddles, made completely of redwood planks and inlaid with abalone which two of our friends from the Tribe designed and made. The canoe is lashed together with cordage and epoxy...no nails or metal hardware anywhere. The epoxy is not a big deviation from the way the original canoe builders made the boats~they made an epoxy from pitch and tar which, when mixed and heated makes glue. Her native name is Muptami, which means "Deep Memories". That is also Reggie's native name! Once a year, in September, the paddlers, ( and of course Reggie is one of them!) make the ocean voyage to the island of their ancestors~ the families and friends camp on the island and welcome them home. The crossing takes about 12 hours...sheer human power! It is so touching and meaningful to see the paddlers come ashore! We have a big celebration with about 200 of us camping for the weekend. I am thankful that I may still be healthy enough to make the journey...it is an important part of our lives.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    chenheart said:

It truly is! Reggie just
    It truly is! Reggie just built a new canoe for the voyage; it took him over two years, what with letting the wood dry, and weather, etc etc. The canoe is 30feet long, with 11' paddles, made completely of redwood planks and inlaid with abalone which two of our friends from the Tribe designed and made. The canoe is lashed together with cordage and epoxy...no nails or metal hardware anywhere. The epoxy is not a big deviation from the way the original canoe builders made the boats~they made an epoxy from pitch and tar which, when mixed and heated makes glue. Her native name is Muptami, which means "Deep Memories". That is also Reggie's native name! Once a year, in September, the paddlers, ( and of course Reggie is one of them!) make the ocean voyage to the island of their ancestors~ the families and friends camp on the island and welcome them home. The crossing takes about 12 hours...sheer human power! It is so touching and meaningful to see the paddlers come ashore! We have a big celebration with about 200 of us camping for the weekend. I am thankful that I may still be healthy enough to make the journey...it is an important part of our lives.

Hugs,
    Chen♥

What a sight it must be!
    Okay, now we want to see a picture of them paddling back to shore! Sounds amazing...I LOVE camping.

I'll be praying you WILL be healthy to make that journey :D

Blessings,

Sylvia
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

It truly is! Reggie just

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Claudia, I remember you
    Claudia, I remember you telling us this story last year and it gave me goosebumps then and still does today. I know it is an awe inspiring site to see the paddlers on the horizon. The canoe sounds beautiful, too! I'm also hoping for continued good health for you for many, many years to come so you can continue to enjoy and take part in this very important tradition.
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Thanks, you! I am doing

Hugs,
    chen♥

OK now I'm really jealous!
    There has been nothing going on here that compares to that--wow! What an amazing experience! Glad you are doing well too.
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    chenheart said:

Thanks, you! I am doing

Hugs,
    chen♥

Hey Chen
    Glad to hear you are doing well. As I said before, you truly are an inspiration. Your Reggie is certainly a keeper! We are certainly lucky to have such wonderful men in our lives! Take care. Hugs, Jean
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Hey Chen
    Glad to hear you are doing well. As I said before, you truly are an inspiration. Your Reggie is certainly a keeper! We are certainly lucky to have such wonderful men in our lives! Take care. Hugs, Jean

Chen, you really deserve it all. What an intriquing life
    you live with your beloved, Reggie. And it sounds like Reggie knows what a facinating woman, he has married and partnered with.

Hoping to meet you at the 'Long Beach' invasion.

Vicki Sam
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    chenheart said:

Thanks, you! I am doing

Hugs,
    chen♥

What a wonderful ceremony to be part of
    How wonderful it must be to be lucky enough to see this ceremony, much less to be singled out to be prayed for. Of course you know how awesome your Reggie is and may you and your family all enjoy the benefits of this ceremony for years and years to come.

marge
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options

What a wonderful ceremony to be part of
    How wonderful it must be to be lucky enough to see this ceremony, much less to be singled out to be prayed for. Of course you know how awesome your Reggie is and may you and your family all enjoy the benefits of this ceremony for years and years to come.

marge

How wonderful that you were
    How wonderful that you were blessed by this ceremony. And wow, Reggie building his canoe. That is just fantastic. You are such a great couple and truly compliment each other. And Shioban being included in the ceremony is just icing on the cake. I love that you share this special moments with us. I feel that I was sitting by the fire and watching as this took place.
    Stef
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Options
    chenheart said:

Thanks, you! I am doing

Hugs,
    chen♥

Wow!
    Chen,

The Bear Ceremony sounds really neat. I can see how that would be very powerful. Your husband is a great guy to set that up for you (but you already knew that).

Take care!

Wolfi