Started secret angel

Options
lolad
lolad Member Posts: 670
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I finally started the secret angel project. Today i mailed out my first cards. For those who didnt see my post about this I am volunteering to do this for a foundation called I have wings breast cancer foundation. The founder is a survivor of ten years and I found out about the foundation thru ACS. I emailed in asking if there was something i could volunteer for because i just feel that i have a calling to help women who are just being diagnosed. She called me and said that she had been trying to find the right person to do this Secret Angel project. She said that as soon as she read my story, she knew i was the one to do it and asked if i would. What i do is send cards to women who are first diagnosed or going through a reoccurence and let them know they are not alone. I feel so blessed that she chose me to do this and am able to volunteer for it. It was so fullfilling to get started.

laura

Comments

• mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691
    Options
    How wonderful that you were

How wonderful that you were asked to to do the Secret Angel project, touching the lives and hearts of many women who really need it most. It sounds like it will be very rewarding and good for you for reaching out when you felt called to do so. What an inspiration you are!
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    I would love to help
    That sounds really cool! Can anyone help in doing this?

Please give me more info

Thanks,

Sylvia
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Thats great Laura...its
    Thats great Laura...its sounds like youll really enjoy it and for a great cause!
  • Sally5
    Sally5 Member Posts: 87
    Options
    jo jo said:

Thats great Laura...its
    Thats great Laura...its sounds like youll really enjoy it and for a great cause!

Laura ... the angel
    Laura,

That sounds like a great way to give back. What a great project. You are an angel....

Merry (Sally5)
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    That is awesome Laura. I too
    That is awesome Laura. I too feel a calling to help out newly diagnosed women. I can imagine how much the women you will be helping will appreciate the thought behind the cards, and also how fulfilling it makes you feel :)
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Options

That is awesome Laura. I too
    That is awesome Laura. I too feel a calling to help out newly diagnosed women. I can imagine how much the women you will be helping will appreciate the thought behind the cards, and also how fulfilling it makes you feel :)
    *hugs*
    Heather

Great
    I can sense the excitement by reading your post. You will be a great help to the ladies.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options

Great
    I can sense the excitement by reading your post. You will be a great help to the ladies.

That is so cool. What a
    That is so cool. What a wonderful job to have.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I remember reading your post
    I remember reading your post about this project, and how excited you were to possibly be a part of it! I am thrilled for you that it worked out! It sounds wonderful, and I know both you and the women who receive cards from you will be uplifted and nurtured.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Laura what a beautiful,
    Laura what a beautiful, wonderful thing to do. You will certainly help alleviate some of those initial fears we all go thru after diagnosis. Flourish "secret angel" as you help others.