Rheumatologist

Options
cahjah75
cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Rheumatologist called to let me know I had an elevated liver function on my last blood work. My Vit D also went from 60 down to 40. As if bc wasn't bad enough. I'm having her fax the report to oncologist because I read that my chemo can affect body organs like the liver. I'm hoping I don't need to worry.
Char

Comments

• lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Options
    Char
    Im going thru the same thing. My liver enzymes have been elevated, my red blood count low, billi count off (cant remember if low or high) and my Gfr marker for the kidneys is very low and close to the renal failure number. I just had a repeated test today and it didnt change much from the last test so they are going to just keep doing new bloodwork every month. It is scary for me to think that i might and probably with the way its looking have to fight another battle eventually, but this time for renal failure. I just take one day at a time and try not to worry about it. When that day comes, then i will i suppose. I will pray for you. Try not to let it take over you and try to be possitive. I know with me sometimes its like how do i stay possitive knowing that im going to be going through another fight. I have learned that i cant let bad news about my health overtake me and keep me down. Especially because i have three beautiful kids who are my world. Take those baby steps and be kind to yourself. Love that you have today and tomorrow and try to stay strong. Let me know how you are and what they tell you about the test.

take care
    Laura
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Char
    Sorry to hear about

Char
    Sorry to hear about this, your right as if you didnt have enough to worry about with the BC. Keep us updated on this.