Bought hats

Options
cahjah75
cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I bought a couple of hats online from Hats with Heart. I bought a couple of them at the hospital boutique on Monday also. I don't plan on wearing a wig so the simple pull on turbans will suit me just fine.
Char

Comments

• jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Hi Char
    I wear bandanas...i

Hi Char
    I wear bandanas...i never did like the wigs, they made me feel like i was dressing up for Halloween or something!
    How far into chemo are you?
  • cahjah75
    Options
    jo jo said:

Hi Char
    I wear bandanas...i

Hi Char
    I wear bandanas...i never did like the wigs, they made me feel like i was dressing up for Halloween or something!
    How far into chemo are you?

I don't start
    until August 10th. My hairdresser is going to shave my head August 25! I can't wear bandanas because I'm unable to raise my left arm (no humeral head in shoulder). So I have to be able to pull hat on with right hand.
    Char
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

I don't start
    until August 10th. My hairdresser is going to shave my head August 25! I can't wear bandanas because I'm unable to raise my left arm (no humeral head in shoulder). So I have to be able to pull hat on with right hand.
    Char

Char
    At www.headcovers.com there is scarfs that are pre tied and you just have to pull it on. There very nice, so if you want that look just go to the web site. They also have ver nice hats.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Kat11 said:

Char
    At www.headcovers.com there is scarfs that are pre tied and you just have to pull it on. There very nice, so if you want that look just go to the web site. They also have ver nice hats.

Char .. I wore hats and a few scarves, hats and more
    hats. I normally wore a small color bandana under each hat .. I color coordinate my hear wrap with each hat .. I had, grey, black, brown, beige, pink .. you name it .. I am embarrassed to say that I ended up with over 50 hats .. I have since donated the majority of them to ACS -- but I kept a few, along with a black bandana with a large pink ribbon on the back .. I am thinking about getting this item framed with glass and I will hang this up in my office.

headcovers is a great place to shop, just tell them Vicki Sam sent you .. oh, they know me.!!! haha

I also found several other hat companies specialized in chemo patients on line ..

www.hats scarves and more is also an excellent site to shop.

Happy shopping ... I do not DO WIGS ... just my thing :D

Vicki Sam
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Char .. I wore hats and a few scarves, hats and more
    hats. I normally wore a small color bandana under each hat .. I color coordinate my hear wrap with each hat .. I had, grey, black, brown, beige, pink .. you name it .. I am embarrassed to say that I ended up with over 50 hats .. I have since donated the majority of them to ACS -- but I kept a few, along with a black bandana with a large pink ribbon on the back .. I am thinking about getting this item framed with glass and I will hang this up in my office.

headcovers is a great place to shop, just tell them Vicki Sam sent you .. oh, they know me.!!! haha

I also found several other hat companies specialized in chemo patients on line ..

www.hats scarves and more is also an excellent site to shop.

Happy shopping ... I do not DO WIGS ... just my thing :D

Vicki Sam

Char, there is a great post
    Char, there is a great post here with lots of websites for free hats, scarves, bandannas and other things. I will bump it up for you.
  • cahjah75
    Options
    I found Headcovers
    but wasn't sure about sizes. My hats are coming from Hats with Heart. I only ordered simple cotton knit pull ons and a couple of headbands to go on them. I may end up ordering more colors but haven't decided yet. I don't work any more so they're just for going outside.
    Char