bloating stomach

Options
jillpls
jillpls Member Posts: 238
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
HI, My stomach is distended and I don't feel well. I had a Ct and a colonoscopy and both came back pretty good. no blockage but the colon looked a little swollen or irritated. The CT didn't show any new growth to speak of. That is all good but why is my stomach so distended? I've also been having problem breathing. I am using my inhaler for the asthma I have but the problem seems to be in my chest. My ribs cage seems tight and won't allow me to breath regularly. Any ideas? I'm thinking I may have more ascities than the CT shows. It shows very little. But why my chest hurting. I've been off chemo (folfox with avastin) since middle of may and am expected to go back in treatment middle of August. I'm worried about having more treatment when I'm not feeling so strong. Has anyone had a distended stomach and what was the cause?? Thank you so much for responding. You guys give me more ideas than the drs.
hope to all Jill

Comments

• khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    Options
    Call your doctor!

Call your doctor!
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    Ascites -
    Could it be ascites? There is a site I follow, guy in Texas, he had severe bloating and it was ascites. He had the fluid drained, no cancer cells in it, and it did not come back. Doesn't know why it happened but he said he was bloated like a pregnant woman. He is Stage IV with mets to liver.

Take care - Tina
  • ktlcs
    ktlcs Member Posts: 358
    Options
    geotina said:

Ascites -
    Could it be ascites? There is a site I follow, guy in Texas, he had severe bloating and it was ascites. He had the fluid drained, no cancer cells in it, and it did not come back. Doesn't know why it happened but he said he was bloated like a pregnant woman. He is Stage IV with mets to liver.

Take care - Tina

Get to the Dr
    You know yourself better than anyone, if you are not feeling right than get to your Dr as soon as possible

Good Luck

K
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    ktlcs said:

Get to the Dr
    You know yourself better than anyone, if you are not feeling right than get to your Dr as soon as possible

Good Luck

K

Yep!
    I was bloated and still get bloated. which is natural my body is healing. IT is starting to get better. Add pineapple to your diet, it aids in reducing swelling. Definitely ask you ONC about it. DO you have lots of gas? If you do lay down and try alternating your body from front to back, side to side, for about 10 minutes each, it takes all the air pocket out of your body.

Hope you feel better!
  • lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    Options
    Nana b said:

Yep!
    I was bloated and still get bloated. which is natural my body is healing. IT is starting to get better. Add pineapple to your diet, it aids in reducing swelling. Definitely ask you ONC about it. DO you have lots of gas? If you do lay down and try alternating your body from front to back, side to side, for about 10 minutes each, it takes all the air pocket out of your body.

Hope you feel better!

Great reply, Nana!
    Great reply, Nana! Thanks for the info.

Lizzy
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options

Great reply, Nana!
    Great reply, Nana! Thanks for the info.

Lizzy

ok, rambling..
    Wow, 6 month later and I had all the symptoms you had back in July, to include the asthma and chest hurting. but I had a cough. I know this is an old post but find it interesting. I was also on Folfox and Avastin. Not that there is any connection, ok rambling..