Am I crazy ?? My breast are NOT as perky as my tissue expanders - New exchange sisters -- is this

Options
VickiSam
VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
okay .. pain medication has wore off and I've taken a shower everyday since Wednesday, 7/21 the day of my exchange. My issue is that my breast don't seem to be as perky, as my tissue expander verison that I've lived with for over 6 months ..

Anyone else there feeling the same way, or am I just being picky?

Standing out in left field ???

Vicki Sam

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Hi Vicki Sam! I don't have answers for you, as, I had a lumpectomy, but, I know that our sisters in pink that have gone through surgery like yours will respond.

Have you talked with your plastic surgeon about this?

You are not picky! After all you have gone through with bc, you have every right to question anything and everything!

Wish I could be more help to you... Take care!

Sue :)
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    If your being picky...i guess i am too!
    Yep mine look like a little gravity pull to me too but with a little perk to them....nothing like the expanders...boom there going straight out hitting everything they come in contact with. hehe!
    The expanders were more in a solid ball form for the most part (some like footballs) and we got use to that...REALLY PERKY form. Now with the implants they are suppose to lay like natural breast...not the balls we have become custome to. They may be about the same size as the expanders just not as perky...you could of asked for perky but they automatically do normal unless otherwise talked about. My doctor did inform me of this before hand so i knew not to expect this and also told her i wanted that more natural look. They should of done this when you were choosing your implants.
    I like mine but i just wish they were a little bigger. I didnt realize with the more natural look to me they also look alot smaller than the expanders. Maybe its becuz they arent as perky and i was use to them standing at attention.
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    My tissue expanders were
    My tissue expanders were very perky, (in the photo) then I had my exchange and it was a nightmare, the left radiated side was perky and the right not radiated side was a big saggy glob of boob, I had a revision done on the right last friday and I'm much happier now. Our implants are more like the real thing and the expanders are not therefore they sit a little lower and feel a lot softer. I love my new breasts now, he did a wonderful job fixing the right. Were a bra and do your massages maybe that will help. Best of luck to you and your new girls!!
    :) Kari :)
  • VickiSam
    Options

My tissue expanders were
    My tissue expanders were very perky, (in the photo) then I had my exchange and it was a nightmare, the left radiated side was perky and the right not radiated side was a big saggy glob of boob, I had a revision done on the right last friday and I'm much happier now. Our implants are more like the real thing and the expanders are not therefore they sit a little lower and feel a lot softer. I love my new breasts now, he did a wonderful job fixing the right. Were a bra and do your massages maybe that will help. Best of luck to you and your new girls!!
    :) Kari :)

Thanks JoJo and Kari .. Just imagined some new hot
    ta ta's .. I am happy with the size, shape and form - I thought they would sticking out in the air .. waving to everyone ... My mistake, I guess. Maybe I'll love them more when in a few months .. when all has healed.

And yes, more like natural 'real' Vicki boobies!

Vicki Sam
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Thanks JoJo and Kari .. Just imagined some new hot
    ta ta's .. I am happy with the size, shape and form - I thought they would sticking out in the air .. waving to everyone ... My mistake, I guess. Maybe I'll love them more when in a few months .. when all has healed.

And yes, more like natural 'real' Vicki boobies!

Vicki Sam

I'm so jealous of you all -
    I'm so jealous of you all - I can't WAIT for my new boobies :) I've informed my plastic surgeon that I'm not going for the natural look at all (lol)-I was planning on a lift & implants next year anyway, before all this breast cancer crap happened. Enjoy those new boobies! I get my 2nd fill in 2 days :)
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Options
    give it some time
    Dear VickiSam,

From all I've read it seems that the girls can take up to a year to get their final shape and size. Things are still pretty tight in the pocket and they will relax over time.

Mine are way different too. While the TE's gave me projection, they sure looked weird. It looked like someone halved a softball and put the halves on both sides of my chest. While it looked OK under clothes, it looked very strange without.

I don't think we'll ever have the projection we had before but know that time does make it better. You're less than a week out from surgery.

I'm happy that mine look natural. I have a nice, natural slope whereas before I could have set a teacup on the shelf. There was no slope at all. They're smaller than my TE size, even though there are more cc's in the implant than in the TE's. I'm just glad they look more natural.

You're not out in leftfield! :) Give it some time, give it some time ...
  • VickiSam
    Options

give it some time
    Dear VickiSam,

From all I've read it seems that the girls can take up to a year to get their final shape and size. Things are still pretty tight in the pocket and they will relax over time.

Mine are way different too. While the TE's gave me projection, they sure looked weird. It looked like someone halved a softball and put the halves on both sides of my chest. While it looked OK under clothes, it looked very strange without.

I don't think we'll ever have the projection we had before but know that time does make it better. You're less than a week out from surgery.

I'm happy that mine look natural. I have a nice, natural slope whereas before I could have set a teacup on the shelf. There was no slope at all. They're smaller than my TE size, even though there are more cc's in the implant than in the TE's. I'm just glad they look more natural.

You're not out in leftfield! :) Give it some time, give it some time ...

Thank you, Miss Dawne Hope .. after waiting - enduring
    chemo, fatigue and stress - I just thought I would wake up looking like Pamela Anderson - 1 thing that I didn't have to nuture, support via 1950's bra, sleep on my back for months .. just wanted something just and easy. Oh ... but my old friend, breast cancer - said .. no way - you have to wait, just like anyone.

I have a 3:30 appt'mt with PS on Thursday, which will be 8 days after surgery - I am anxious as to what he will say . I am happy that I did no have those painful drains, so perhaps my internal healing was up to par for PS.

Really obessive with my new girls .. who would of thought?

Vicki Sam