Why in the hell (yes i said it) do my posts keep

lolad
lolad Member Posts: 670
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
posting like five times or more? Wierd!!! Sorry gals, not doing anything out of the norm.

laura

Comments

• Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Hi Laura,
    It has happened to

Hi Laura,
    It has happened to me a couple of times and is embarrassing. I think it happens if you hit the post button more than once. Like I was impatient a few times when it didn't work so I clicked it a few times and then when it does go through, the number of clicks is the same as the posts.
    I have to stop doing that! LOL
    Lighthouse
  • Hi, Laura! Happy to finally
    Hi, Laura! Happy to finally find you to be able to tell you thank you for your response
    to my post. I often wonder if it takes forever for someone to SEE my posts. It
    took forever for me to get in here, in the first place, and now that I
    have and thanked a bunch of people.....no one has returned anything to me,
    so I wonder, too!! That's why I told people it was okay to just email me.
    And proabably wayyyy easier. :-) Anywayyy.....just saw my oncologist last
    week, and so far, so good!!! Yippeeeee! My blood looks good, but he is sending
    me for another mammogram in Sept. on the right side. Still have a lot of mixed
    emotions about my missing breast. Can't afford the reconstruction, right now,
    and not sure I want one, anyway. Any ideas? And how did you find that one
    place where you volunteer? That sounds like something I'd be interested in
    and something that would help me. Also....lol..sorry, I tend to go into novels, also!
    Just to set the record straight....although I DO appreciate all of the good
    advice from everyone. We are NOT destitute! My husband was temporarily
    "fired" for 30 days for a stupid thing he did. He's back to work, sporadically,
    like everyone, but we do have some savings that we were living off of. And
    he was doing work on the sidel. I guess I just freaked out because of
    everything ELSE, ya know? Before this cancer took my brest, I was tough, and
    could handle pretty much anything. I'm beginning to get back there, a little,
    since I was finally able to get through here and my best friend sent me
    a book about breast cancer...
    Stepping into the Ring" by Nicole Johnson? Great read and short. But helped
    me, immensely! So, again, thanks and happy I was finally able to get through
    to SOMEONE who had posted to me.
    Donna N.
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670

Hi, Laura! Happy to finally
    Hi, Laura! Happy to finally find you to be able to tell you thank you for your response
    to my post. I often wonder if it takes forever for someone to SEE my posts. It
    took forever for me to get in here, in the first place, and now that I
    have and thanked a bunch of people.....no one has returned anything to me,
    so I wonder, too!! That's why I told people it was okay to just email me.
    And proabably wayyyy easier. :-) Anywayyy.....just saw my oncologist last
    week, and so far, so good!!! Yippeeeee! My blood looks good, but he is sending
    me for another mammogram in Sept. on the right side. Still have a lot of mixed
    emotions about my missing breast. Can't afford the reconstruction, right now,
    and not sure I want one, anyway. Any ideas? And how did you find that one
    place where you volunteer? That sounds like something I'd be interested in
    and something that would help me. Also....lol..sorry, I tend to go into novels, also!
    Just to set the record straight....although I DO appreciate all of the good
    advice from everyone. We are NOT destitute! My husband was temporarily
    "fired" for 30 days for a stupid thing he did. He's back to work, sporadically,
    like everyone, but we do have some savings that we were living off of. And
    he was doing work on the sidel. I guess I just freaked out because of
    everything ELSE, ya know? Before this cancer took my brest, I was tough, and
    could handle pretty much anything. I'm beginning to get back there, a little,
    since I was finally able to get through here and my best friend sent me
    a book about breast cancer...
    Stepping into the Ring" by Nicole Johnson? Great read and short. But helped
    me, immensely! So, again, thanks and happy I was finally able to get through
    to SOMEONE who had posted to me.
    Donna N.

Hey!
    I find that not many post to me either, but i like to respond to some of the ones i feel drawn to. Well, everyone is great, what i meant is that if i can come up with what to say i post and sometimes it may be short or may be long. I know all about struggle and it is hard. When i was diagnosed i first was shocked. Then i cried and then i said time to be stong. I tried and did good for a while, but sometimes you just break. So, you havent done the reconstruction yet. Do you want to do it? If so, most insurances should cover reconstruction because it is due to mastectomy. The orginization i found to volunteer for is a local foundation for the Kentucky ohio area. But if you contact your local ACS they can help. They gave me their name. If you feel like you dont want to do construction and you are ok with it then dont. But if you really want it, go for it. Call insurance, i think they all have to cover it. Most of them do anyway. It was emotional for me when i lost my breast, but they started the tissue expanders right away. They filled them every couple of weeks. I myself then developed an infection in the left expander and it had to be removed. Its been a while for me to have one sided bump. But, tomorrow is my reconstruction finally.
    You take care
    laura
    24242 Member Posts: 1,398
    lolad said:

Hey!
    I find that not many post to me either, but i like to respond to some of the ones i feel drawn to. Well, everyone is great, what i meant is that if i can come up with what to say i post and sometimes it may be short or may be long. I know all about struggle and it is hard. When i was diagnosed i first was shocked. Then i cried and then i said time to be stong. I tried and did good for a while, but sometimes you just break. So, you havent done the reconstruction yet. Do you want to do it? If so, most insurances should cover reconstruction because it is due to mastectomy. The orginization i found to volunteer for is a local foundation for the Kentucky ohio area. But if you contact your local ACS they can help. They gave me their name. If you feel like you dont want to do construction and you are ok with it then dont. But if you really want it, go for it. Call insurance, i think they all have to cover it. Most of them do anyway. It was emotional for me when i lost my breast, but they started the tissue expanders right away. They filled them every couple of weeks. I myself then developed an infection in the left expander and it had to be removed. Its been a while for me to have one sided bump. But, tomorrow is my reconstruction finally.
    You take care
    laura

how about a dumping ground
    I know one thing about this amazing site and it is one can come a lay all they feel and quite frankly get it out or off their own shoulders. The strength of a woman maybe not always being strong and the one to get through things. My dear friend was diagnosed 14 years after me and that is hard to take though she was fortunate to have been diagnosed at 0 to stage 1 but treatments still the same.
    I hope there is one thing that leaving our posts and feelings down can do and that is be the honesty necessary in a world where the medical community still does not want to scare us and often don't understand the physical pain that can be the direct result of treating the disease.
    I came here to get answers that I was not getting and found some along the way. I encourage women to go to sites when I hear of diagnosis and read womens stories out there because that has been the best help yet.
    This is a family and we are here for those who are alone, feel alone or just don't feel like they can make it another step on their own. Being understood makes all the difference in the this world and here is a community that truly understands.
    Tara