lung nodule

Options
mommyof2kds
mommyof2kds Member Posts: 519
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi all, wondering if anyone has a lung nodule that stayed stable. I have one and it hasn't grown any over the last year, wondering if this has happened to anyone else. thanks Petrina

Comments

• RickMurtagh
    RickMurtagh Member Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Sure
    I have two, 6mm and 3mm that have been showing up. The lungs can perhaps best be described as inflated clusters of grapes. When/if a small cluster where to collapse, say from inhaling a grain of sand (I did not say it would be a cleaver example), they would appear as a nodule. It is not uncommon for even healthy people to have some nodules. It is also possible to have a cluster re-inflate and have nodules disappear.
  • mommyof2kds
    mommyof2kds Member Posts: 519
    Options

Sure
    I have two, 6mm and 3mm that have been showing up. The lungs can perhaps best be described as inflated clusters of grapes. When/if a small cluster where to collapse, say from inhaling a grain of sand (I did not say it would be a cleaver example), they would appear as a nodule. It is not uncommon for even healthy people to have some nodules. It is also possible to have a cluster re-inflate and have nodules disappear.

Thanks Rick for the info..
    Thanks Rick for the info.. Hope you are doing well. God Bless
  • Unknown
    Options

Sure

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    Options
    According
    to my lung Dr and regular CT scans, I have several small nodules that have been stable for many years and that the Drs state are not related to my colon cancer.
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    Options
    lung nodules
    I've had lung nodules 3 times. Unfortunately in my case all turned out to be mets. But, I did a lot of reading about lung nodules at the time and learned that lots of 'normal' people do have nodules - -which are not cancer or mets or anything nasty. One of the definitions of a "non-nasty" lung nodule is one which doesn't change or grow in one year (as I recall -- please don't quote me on that! check with your doc, etc.). Presumably that means if you are not on chemo or anything else at the time. And presumably your nodule didn't "light up" on a PET?

Good luck!

Tara
  • Cheryl Z
    Cheryl Z Member Posts: 36
    Options
    My husband just went through
    My husband just went through the same thing. There was one spot on the lung that stayed just about the same through 6 months of watching it on the cat scan. His onc was not happy that it was there at all. It never even lit up on the Pet scan. Last week they went in and did a biopsy and the results were lung cancer. Not a met from colon cancer from last year but a new primary cancer. I would check it out just to be sure.
    Good luck
    Cheryl
  • kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Me too!
    One that got smaller, than bigger, and now is unchanged for about a year. Doctors are watching it, so they don't know what it is. Too small to biopsy. As long as it remains stable, i'm not worried about it.
  • shmurciakova
    shmurciakova Member Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    sounds OK..
    Speaking from experience, I think that if it were a colon cancer met it would have grown by now and your CEA would be going up.
    I would just try not to worry about it. I have cyst on my spleen that has been there all along. Who knows why we have these various things, but as long as they are not growing then it's all good!
    Best wishes,
    Susan H.