Options
2»

Comments

• missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

I guess as long as the
    I guess as long as the planned activity isn't taking an elevator up to the top floor to have our teeth cleaned by a sadist of a dentist who has decorated his walls to look like the insect/arachnid wing of a museum of natural history, we'll be just fine!

Way to put it all together
    Way to put it all together in one neat package! That's funny!

Renee
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Are wimps and phobic the
    Are wimps and phobic the same thing? I have a fear of riding in elevators by myself~ for no apparent reason. If, when we travel, we can't get a 1st or 2nd floor hotel room, and Reggie isn't there to leave the room with me ( he may be out golfing or something!) I have been known to push the elevator button a dozen times until it opens with people in it, or call the front-desk and have them send someone up to ride down with me! Even one floor! I try and try and try to talk myself into getting on the elevator, but when the Ding!happens,the door opens and no one is in it...I cannot, cannot will not get in! I have been known to walk up /down more than 20 floors . I need help! LOL

Gimme me a dentist or a hundred shots in the arm, butt any day!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

HMMM
    I never really thought about it but I have no problem riding elevators alone but I am uncomfortable riding them with only one other person, AKA - stranger.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Rague said:

Nope - No Way - No How!
    A cruise ship is a big boat and it will sink. The United States was the biggest, fastest luxury liner plying the route from NYC to Europe when we were on it and had an outside stateroom so we had a port hole to see out. The adult who is capable of logically thinking - sometimes (LOL) - knows that the chances of it sinking are very slim but the 6 y/o is still there and 'knows' it's going to sink. My fear only affects me - Hubby spent years on an aircraft carrier - I put our Sons (12 and 13 at the time) on a plane in FL going to
    Hawaii so they could come back on the Tiger Cruise from Pearl Harbor to San Diego with their Dad on his last cruise - I met them in San Diego. I would never try to talk somneone out of going on a cruise but I'm 'not about to'. The only cruise I might be able to do would be an Inside Passage to Alaska IF I had an outside stateroom on the land side and if the shore could be seen the entire voyage. If something as big and sturdy as an aircraft carrier is going to sink while tied to the pier - a cruise boat will too as far as I'm concerned. 4 person rowboat would not be a problem for me the big boat is.

We're all so different.

Susan

Heights. THAT is my scary spot!!!
    Recently we went to Italy, as you all know. In Florence, there is a beautiful old cathedral, that has a unique dome...it has no supports other than the dome itself. Something wonderful to see, right?

Well, there are 416 steps to the top of the dome. I got to step 361, after walking along a perfectly safe catwalk on the inside of the dome, near the top (see the pic in my expressions page), right? WRONG...I lost it!!! Started hyperventilating, sobbing, the whole thing. My beau, having been thru this before, continued on to the top...beautiful views...but I stayed in the nice, safe stairwell...knowing full and well I would have to cross yet ANOTHER catwalk inside the dome to get down. I did it, but treated myself to a gelato in the square outside...WHEW!!!

I was so frightened, I faced the wall of this beautiful old structure, praying (yes, I did) that I would be safe...It was, in a word, ridiculous!!!

But, there it is...lol...and my beau keeps stretching my envelope by taking me places like the CN tower in Canada, the Eiffel Tower (he told me to get up, we had to take the stairs, the rat!!!), and the feniqulars in Switzerland...lol!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    KathiM said:

Heights. THAT is my scary spot!!!
    Recently we went to Italy, as you all know. In Florence, there is a beautiful old cathedral, that has a unique dome...it has no supports other than the dome itself. Something wonderful to see, right?

Well, there are 416 steps to the top of the dome. I got to step 361, after walking along a perfectly safe catwalk on the inside of the dome, near the top (see the pic in my expressions page), right? WRONG...I lost it!!! Started hyperventilating, sobbing, the whole thing. My beau, having been thru this before, continued on to the top...beautiful views...but I stayed in the nice, safe stairwell...knowing full and well I would have to cross yet ANOTHER catwalk inside the dome to get down. I did it, but treated myself to a gelato in the square outside...WHEW!!!

I was so frightened, I faced the wall of this beautiful old structure, praying (yes, I did) that I would be safe...It was, in a word, ridiculous!!!

But, there it is...lol...and my beau keeps stretching my envelope by taking me places like the CN tower in Canada, the Eiffel Tower (he told me to get up, we had to take the stairs, the rat!!!), and the feniqulars in Switzerland...lol!!!

Hugs, Kathi

I dislike heights also.
    Once we had a house that had a loft and I put a couch in front of the railing so I wouldn't get too close. I know that isn't like a tower but it's plenty high enough for me. I like ranch one story houses because I hate stairs.