Nothing so far but he did another blood draw......

Options
Buzzard
Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
My CEA was 9.6 last time so he drew blood again to retest...He said that $26 (Blood test) was cheaper than $2600 (Scan) and if it was less than 9.6 say 7 he would see me in 3 months and if it was at 11 he was going to order scans just to see whats happening...Waiting on a call from him as to where the level is this time.....either way, Im not gonna worry about it...if its increasing he said that only means we will look a little further. He as well as a lot of people don't invite anything in with elevated CEA levels. He did let me know that everything else..liver enzymes ,etc. were all right where they all needed to be and stable so maybe its a fluke, maybe not. I feel better just knowing that I didn't walk right into a "Hey you have cancer again"...I really expected to hear that...kinda gettin geared up so the kick in the pants wouldn't feel so bad, so actually it was a relief to hear nothing except retest, check level, and proceed from there....All I know for now, but Alas, the yard awaits.......Love to all for all the good thoughts prayers and uplifting gestures...your all the greatest ...Love to all, Buzz

Comments

• AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update, Buzz;
    Thanks for the update, Buzz; I'll be looking for the next update when you know more.
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    AnneCan said:

Thanks for the update, Buzz;
    Thanks for the update, Buzz; I'll be looking for the next update when you know more.

Me too
    wishing good news for you buzz

michelle
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    a bit of relief
    Hey there Buzz,

Well, nothing definitive, but like you said, at least you didn't walk into "you have cancer again". I think it's good that he's retesting the CEA for now. Do keep an eye on it, but don't stress out too much. Spend your thought energy on the family and the yard- lol! Hang in there...

Blessings,
    Lisa
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Options
    Oh Hold
    Okay the worrying is on hold for now, good to know. I believe our prayers will knock that CEA down to 6...Keep us posted buddy..

HUGS
    Beth
  • HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    keeping fingers crossed...
    as well as the legs and the eyes. Please keep us informed. We're selfish that way. :)
  • Unknown
    Options
    HollyID said:

keeping fingers crossed...
    as well as the legs and the eyes. Please keep us informed. We're selfish that way. :)

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • wifeandmom
    wifeandmom Member Posts: 31
    Options
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

hoping you get good news and soon!
    I'm hoping that you get the CEA results back soon and that the news is good!
    --Dorothy
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
    Thanks for letting us know the latest. I'm thinking it's going to be good news! Praying for you.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Aud
    Aud Member Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Clift...
    ...just letting you know I'm thinking about you and wishing for good results with your next CEA level.
    ~Aud
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Wow!
    Wow, your CEA test is $26? The bill I get says that a CEA test is about $200!!

I am glad that you are reassured and I keep you in prayers. Please let us know your new CEA results when you get them. Friday?
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options

Me too
    wishing good news for you buzz

michelle

Thank you
    Michelle,
    AngelsBaby, how sweet that is. You keep his memory alive, you keep him in your heart. And I want to thank you for sharing that with us.
    When my time comes, I am thankful for you, for letting us know, that our loved ones will also keep us in their mind and their hearts.
    Simply put, thank you.
    Winter Marie