reoccurrences and tamoxifen?

Options
2»

Comments

• Cher123
    Cher123 Member Posts: 8
    Options

Mariannemm
    You sound just like me! I had terrible leg pain and took pain pills at night for them. My legs were weak also and I had a hard time getting up from a squat or even walking without looking funny! The hot flashes were terrible at night. HOWEVER, I have been on it for about 4 months and I have none of those symptoms now! I wasn't sure if the leg pain was residual from the chemo or not but I believe it was the Tamoxifen (I was a couple of months past chemo). So, for me, it was a little rough at first but now I'm not having a single side effect. Hang in there! Karla

I have been on Tamoxifen for
    I have been on Tamoxifen for a year now. No hot flashes,(just warm flashes). But I do seem to get very emotional around my period. Wasn't like that before! And they are somewhat irregular, that wasn't the case before either. Good luck!
  • Mariannemm
    Mariannemm Member Posts: 136
    Options

Mariannemm
    You sound just like me! I had terrible leg pain and took pain pills at night for them. My legs were weak also and I had a hard time getting up from a squat or even walking without looking funny! The hot flashes were terrible at night. HOWEVER, I have been on it for about 4 months and I have none of those symptoms now! I wasn't sure if the leg pain was residual from the chemo or not but I believe it was the Tamoxifen (I was a couple of months past chemo). So, for me, it was a little rough at first but now I'm not having a single side effect. Hang in there! Karla

Karla
    That is so wonderful that your pain has stopped! I hope I am the same way. We will see what the doctor says on Monday. I hope I can last the pain is so bad by the evening that I am beside myself! Did you gain weight on Tamoxifen? I have gained weight on the chemo and I haven't been able to lose it. I don't want to gain more. Thank you....Marianne