Just what I've been thinking lately

Options
david54
david54 Member Posts: 164 Member
edited March 2014 in Caregivers #1
Sometimes when I am somewhere else in my head and smile, people ask me what I am smiling about. I am thinking of my spouse:

When she screamed because there was a spider on the carpet, begging me to pick it up, leaving me amazed that at the same time could take on chemotherapy like a Spartan.

When she screamed in delight when the little dot turned blue on the pregnancy indicator 24 years ago.

The times she drove me crazy looking at carpet and linoleum. They looked exactly the same to me but she noticed a difference in the diminutive fibers.

Our first date in 1975 when she asked me out because I was too nervous and my mouth was drier than cotton.

Showing our daughter how to dance a ballet movement.

Chasing me in the house because I got a raise on my paycheck!

Spraying me with water while we washed the soap off our wedding getaway car

Hanging onto me with vice grips walking in the pyramids at Cairo.

My first visit to her parents house, and a few years later asking her fathers permission to marry her (And her telling me later her parents were ecstatic when I thought they were not happy at all)

Drifting off to sleep at night and hearing her laugh wildly at a sitcom downstairs.

Eating my food at a restaurant because it tasted better than her choice.

Comments

• Barbara53
    Barbara53 Member Posts: 652
    Options
    tender list
    Ah, what a tender and loving list. Will you share it with your wife? She might like it. Your inner carousel of snapshots is serving you well, and will continue to do so forever.

The many secret faces of love known only to caregivers...
  • webozo
    webozo Member Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    this is the story that means
    this is the story that means the most to those of us that face this mean thing called cancer i too have found myself thinking about the good times so as to have a get away from the present thank you for your post it is truely beautiful
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    webozo said:

this is the story that means
    this is the story that means the most to those of us that face this mean thing called cancer i too have found myself thinking about the good times so as to have a get away from the present thank you for your post it is truely beautiful

So sweet.

So sweet.
  • GregStahl
    GregStahl Member Posts: 188
    Options
    :-))
    :-))
  • AnnaLeigh
    AnnaLeigh Member Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    This is what keeps us going
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful memories. I often make a mental gratitude list containing all of the wonderful and tender memories I have during our marriage.

It's what keeps me going ! Hoping to make more memories.
  • zinniemay
    zinniemay Member Posts: 522
    Options
    how sweet
    I think we deal with so much and have no one that we can vent to except this board. And sometimes we need to be reminded why we are with our LOVE one.
    The good days are not always gone. They are still there but sometimes over shadowed by all the hard things like worry.
    I love when my husband trys to hide something , He will tell me something that is not true to see if I believe it, I can almost always tell when he is pulling my leg cause his upper lip trys to cover his teeth so he won't laugh.He always snickers like the old Snidley cartoon it is so sweet . He cooks hambugers every Sunday! Yes it is good to think of the good times .
    It is hard to focus on the what use to be the simple things, . We all need to be reminded and Thank you for that.