Options
2»

Comments

• jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    laurissa said:

vicki
    Good luck with surgery tomorrow. I'm a dunce, whats an exchange? Don't know all the mastectomy terms. But, I hope you exchange wonderfully!

Three rocks and a
    Three rocks and a football...good one Vicki...lol!

I will be prayin for you and hopefully you found a way to calm yourself.

We will be waiting to hear from you!

Laurissa...an exchange is referred to having your expanders replaced / exchanged with the permenant implants.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    laurissa said:

vicki
    Good luck with surgery tomorrow. I'm a dunce, whats an exchange? Don't know all the mastectomy terms. But, I hope you exchange wonderfully!

I am schedule to exchange my expanders (flat
    pancakes) that get filled with fluid every few weeks - expanders allow our muscles, tissues and nerves to heal after a bi-lateral mact-my . .. single or double. Once our expanders are filled up to our desired or b4 mact'my size (usually 60cc or so with every fill up) .. we wait .. wait and wait .. then we go in for the exchange .. silicone or saline solution implants. I have opted for saline new breast ..,. and I will be a full size 'C'. I am currently filled to 850 cc. I normally pushed this limit of 120cc per fill up ..

Thanks for asking ..Laurissa .. I hope I somewhat explain expanders vs implants.

Vicki Sam
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

I am schedule to exchange my expanders (flat
    pancakes) that get filled with fluid every few weeks - expanders allow our muscles, tissues and nerves to heal after a bi-lateral mact-my . .. single or double. Once our expanders are filled up to our desired or b4 mact'my size (usually 60cc or so with every fill up) .. we wait .. wait and wait .. then we go in for the exchange .. silicone or saline solution implants. I have opted for saline new breast ..,. and I will be a full size 'C'. I am currently filled to 850 cc. I normally pushed this limit of 120cc per fill up ..

Thanks for asking ..Laurissa .. I hope I somewhat explain expanders vs implants.

Vicki Sam

JoJo .. Oh my .. we posted just about the same time
    how funny it that??? My dinner is burning on the stove in the kitchen, and here I sit typing away .. HAHA ..

Vicki Sam
  • Menda
    Menda Member Posts: 128
    Options
    VickiSam said:

JoJo .. Oh my .. we posted just about the same time
    how funny it that??? My dinner is burning on the stove in the kitchen, and here I sit typing away .. HAHA ..

Vicki Sam

Good luck this week ladies.
    Good luck this week ladies. You do make me laugh and enjoy life. May God bless us all.
  • camsgram
    camsgram Member Posts: 106
    Options
    Good luck on your exchange.
    Good luck on your exchange. I cant wait to hear how well you are doing. Kathie
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    camsgram said:

Good luck on your exchange.
    Good luck on your exchange. I cant wait to hear how well you are doing. Kathie

Wishing you good luck on
    Wishing you good luck on your exchange and sending you prayers!

Hugs, Debby