I'm now 89.3 years old

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Yup - I just aged from 64 to 89.3 years.

At one of the horse sites, we were talking about a site called RealAge and they tell you based on answers they tell you rather you are 'actually' older than you years. I had been there quite some time ago (a couple of years and they siad then I was about 10 years 'younger' than age. So I just redid it and now I'm 89.3 years old. Guess I have to stop mowing my yard now or taking care of my horses now that I've gotten so old - NOT.

I think it's funny that one of the reasons that they said I'm that 'old' is I sleep too much - 9 hrs a night on average. Also because of the IBC which I would undestand them saying I didn't have as long of a possible lifespan but to say it makes me older I don't understand.

Anyone else done this test of or have thoughts?

Susan

Comments

• lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    During rads, after surgery
    During rads, after surgery and chemo, I used to say: "I want to live to be 80 and now I know what it feels like!" lol

I have stayed away from that RealAge site, because I think the results will probably bum me out. And hey! I just read about a study that found that people who sleep 9 hours a night are somehow better off...either they live LONGER or they are smarter. I'll blame chemobrain for not remembering exactly the benefit, but maybe someone else will chime in.

xoxoxo Lynn
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    lynn1950 said:

During rads, after surgery
    During rads, after surgery and chemo, I used to say: "I want to live to be 80 and now I know what it feels like!" lol

I have stayed away from that RealAge site, because I think the results will probably bum me out. And hey! I just read about a study that found that people who sleep 9 hours a night are somehow better off...either they live LONGER or they are smarter. I'll blame chemobrain for not remembering exactly the benefit, but maybe someone else will chime in.

xoxoxo Lynn

sleeping...
    I could probably also sleep 9 hours a night too, if I had a hose from my bladder to the bathroom! Wonder what the "Real Age" site has to say about that? How is sleeping that long bad for you, if you're active during your wake-time...which as I recall, Rague, you are very active--bucking hay, for heaven's sake! Looks to me like someone goofed big time on your estimated age. These things should be taken tongue-in-cheek, the same as horoscopes and reading tea leaves.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    The one question where you are asked about cancer...

I went from 45 (I was 50 at the time) to 84.6....aging overnight!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    GRRRRR
    Okay I am REALLY 53 however according to this site I am 70.9 and the only reason's given are.....drum roll please.....

Older Dealing with headaches........I GET MIGRAINES ABOUT EVERY 6 WKS.

Older Not taking meds as directed.....I ONLY TAKE THE SOMA WHEN I SPASM OTHER WISE I WOULD BE COMATOSE.

Older Having a history of breast cancer......DUH

Older Living with cancer.....................MORE DUH!

Okay this guy is Oprah's guy and I have decided I am REALLY 53.

Hugs to all,

RE
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Where is this test at on
    Where is this test at on here, im curious to see how old i am now?
  • Rague
    jo jo said:

Where is this test at on
    Where is this test at on here, im curious to see how old i am now?

www.realage.com

www.realage.com
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Rague said:

www.realage.com

www.realage.com

Advice to you all--don't do it!!
    Today started out as such a nice Sunday morning. My beloved made me my favorite breakfast--blueberry pancakes. We have the golf tournament on TV. My dog is napping happily on his bed beside us. Then, I go online and take the RealAge test. I discover I am 11.3 years older than I thought I was! Can't change the breast cancer part, can't change the fact that 86-year-old mom has been really sick lately. Can't change my other pre-existing conditions.

However, I can eat more fruits and veggies (thanks for the juicer talk, girls--I might just have to get one). And, as soon as I feel better, I can re-start my exercise routine.

I don't know what I was expecting--my curiousity always gets the best of me! Have a happy day everyone!

Renee
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I'm not looking! Then I can
    I'm not looking! Then I can say I'm whatever age I want! I think I'll be 29 like Jack Benny.
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Rague said:

www.realage.com

www.realage.com

Thanks Rague but it wont let
    Thanks Rague but it wont let me do it...says i dont have the right password?
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    I am 80.8
    I just took it and they said I am older because I have Breast Cancer and take too many meds. Ha Ha.

Hugs

Donna
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    I'm too scared
    to check it out! I do know that I am aging in dog years.

Sue
  • Rague
    I went back today and re-did it. The only thing I changed was to take off the IBC and related 'stuff' - now it says that I'm 54.1 yrs old. So according to "RealAge", my IBC makes me 35.2 years older than I'd be without it.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Rague said:

I went back today and re-did it. The only thing I changed was to take off the IBC and related 'stuff' - now it says that I'm 54.1 yrs old. So according to "RealAge", my IBC makes me 35.2 years older than I'd be without it.

As I said....me, too, ROFL!
    Sigh...if it were only so easy to eliminate cancer...just by changing an answer on a quiz~!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    KathiM said:

As I said....me, too, ROFL!
    Sigh...if it were only so easy to eliminate cancer...just by changing an answer on a quiz~!

Hugs, Kathi

Yeah, I also took the Real Age test and wound up 1o
    or 11 years older too. And for really dumb reasons I mite add. We have to remember it's Dr. Oz, Oprah's pal. Another annointed king like Dr. Phil.

I delete all emails from them....but last week they had a video on "walking" in your home. It's a terrific 30 minute "walking" in place workout, of course with variations. I'm going to do it. I have it bookmarked on my Desktop. It's totally doable. Except for Rague because it's totally too tame for an 89 year old lady who bucks hay. But take a look, some of you mite think it's pretty good (for us "old" timers).

What a hoot.

Hugs, Judy :-)