PET scan results

nellie67
nellie67 Member Posts: 28 Member
edited March 2014 in Anal Cancer #1
I found out that I do have an involved lymphnode in the anal area, but also they found I had abnormal uptake of my left ovary. They arent sure if its cancer yet, I went yesterday for a MRI and now I am having to wait. The doctor said the radiologist couldnt be 100% sure it was cancer until they did a MRI. Im, like as many of you know, on pins and needles and very unsure now how I will get treated. The only thing I can say is its a good thing they did the PET scan because it didnt show up on the CT scan or maybe they didnt look that high, Im not sure.
Thanks for reading my post.
nell

Comments

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    Hi Nellie
    I'm sorry you have another thing to concern you and I know you must be very anxious waiting for the results. I will hope and pray that it is not cancer. I have a good friend who is a radiologist and he has told me that so many times things not seen on a CT scan will show up on a PET scan. So, I'm glad you had the PET too! I just had a pelvic MRI a month ago--wow, what fun! Seriously, I hope everything turns out to be fine in the area of your ovary so you can get on with treatment. Please let us know what you find out.
  • z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member
    mp327 said:

Hi Nellie
    I'm sorry you have another thing to concern you and I know you must be very anxious waiting for the results. I will hope and pray that it is not cancer. I have a good friend who is a radiologist and he has told me that so many times things not seen on a CT scan will show up on a PET scan. So, I'm glad you had the PET too! I just had a pelvic MRI a month ago--wow, what fun! Seriously, I hope everything turns out to be fine in the area of your ovary so you can get on with treatment. Please let us know what you find out.

Nell
    Hi Nell,

Yes I know how it feels to be waiting for the results. I had a Pet-CT and it showed activity in my anal area, but the dr said it was due to a biopsy done a month before the pet-ct. Also a 7mm lung nodule showed up with a SUV of .08, whereas, normal lung tissue is .05. The only follow up is a ct scan in August, and that would be 3 months from the original scan. Hopefully the nodule will be gone, at least thats what my oncologist said. Either gone or the same size and not growing would be good too. I know I am anxious to get it done. I pray that you will have good results from the mri and its just inflammation. Lori
  • mp327
    z said:

Nell
    Hi Nell,

Yes I know how it feels to be waiting for the results. I had a Pet-CT and it showed activity in my anal area, but the dr said it was due to a biopsy done a month before the pet-ct. Also a 7mm lung nodule showed up with a SUV of .08, whereas, normal lung tissue is .05. The only follow up is a ct scan in August, and that would be 3 months from the original scan. Hopefully the nodule will be gone, at least thats what my oncologist said. Either gone or the same size and not growing would be good too. I know I am anxious to get it done. I pray that you will have good results from the mri and its just inflammation. Lori

Lori, please keep us updated
    Lori, please keep us updated on when your CT scan in August approaches. I will want to keep you in my thoughts prayers that the lung nodule will be gone then.
  • nellie67
    nellie67 Member Posts: 28 Member
    mp327 said:

Lori, please keep us updated
    Lori, please keep us updated on when your CT scan in August approaches. I will want to keep you in my thoughts prayers that the lung nodule will be gone then.

Good news
    My doctor just called and said no cancer in my ovary, apparently I was ovulating at the time of the PET scan. He said something about my ovary had a thick wall folicle. Thank you all so much for your prayers, my prayers are with all of you.
    nell
  • z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member
    nellie67 said:

Good news
    My doctor just called and said no cancer in my ovary, apparently I was ovulating at the time of the PET scan. He said something about my ovary had a thick wall folicle. Thank you all so much for your prayers, my prayers are with all of you.
    nell

Nell
    Hi Nell,

Great News! I'm so glad he called today and didn't let you worry all weekend, I like that kind of dr. Keep up posted, and I wish you well. Lori
  • mp327
    nellie67 said:

Good news
    nell

Great news!
    Nell--

This is great news and I'm so very happy for you! I'm glad you will not have this hanging over your head all weekend--that's a good doctor who would call you and let you know before the weekend. Now take some deep breaths and try to relax for the next couple of days!
  • lizdeli
    lizdeli Member Posts: 569 Member
    mp327 said:

Great news!
    Nell--

This is great news and I'm so very happy for you! I'm glad you will not have this hanging over your head all weekend--that's a good doctor who would call you and let you know before the weekend. Now take some deep breaths and try to relax for the next couple of days!

Good newss
    Nell
    Glad to hear the ovary is not an issue. Wishing you well.
    Liz
  • pjjenkins
    pjjenkins Member Posts: 173
    nellie67 said:

Good news
    nell

Great News
    Glad to hear you don't need to worry about another area!