So, not cancer related. Just what do you think? I cant believe it

lolad
lolad Member Posts: 670
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Ok, two different stories here. First one is this past weekend we went to the community pool and its huge. They closed it down once for 30 min because a baby got sick. Then about an hour 1/2 later, another shut down, poop in pool. They actually reopened about 40 min later and it was probably an hour later, yep, poop again! This time, its five oclock and the third time they have closed because of health hazards. Which i thought they had to close for the day on the first event. Anyways, you would not believe these adults screaming and yelling at the lifeguards because they were closing the pool for the day. This lady was one of the ones yelling and cussing and she had been there probably five hours because we were there four then. I thought there was going to be a riot for real. Whats more important? The health of your child and yourself, or the few bucks it cost to get in. They did refund those who had been there for two hours or less, but come on. I couldnt believe these adults.
Second idiot adult parent. Two boys gather their friends from each others sides and meet at the school to fight. One of the boys mothers is there and encourages her son to beat the **** out of the other boy!! Oh, and one set of these boys met at another friends house whose mom knew they were all going to go watch this fight and she let them leave and didnt call parents? Im very thankful that when one boy got knocked down and then kicked in the head that they broke it up. You just dont know if these kids are going to have a gun or what. And what is up with the mom telling her son to kick the boys ****?
No wonder our children struggle so much these days. So sad.
Thats my soap box of the day!
laura

Comments

• bakerette
    bakerette Member Posts: 74
    stupid parents
    That is truly sick! Those parents are as my Mexican friend used to say "Raising their kids in the dirt" Not a healthy environ for our country's future. Very sad.
  • SamuraiMom
    SamuraiMom Member Posts: 295
    Parental License
    Not all humans should be parents. It's a priviledge to be a parent, not a right. Some idiots forget that. (well more than some)

They should make you take a test and get a license before you can have a child.

We have to do it to drive a car but not raise a human being??

(yes I know that's radical. I don't really mean it but you know what I mean)

I was at a community pool six weeks ago and my seven year old became overwhelmed and started drowning in the 5 foot deep. I jumped in fully clothed and dragged her to the side almost drowning myself.

NOT ONE parent jumped in to help me. They all stood staring on the side.

Sometimes people just suck.

xxoo,
    SamuraiMom
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729

Parental License
    Not all humans should be parents. It's a priviledge to be a parent, not a right. Some idiots forget that. (well more than some)

I was at a community pool six weeks ago and my seven year old became overwhelmed and started drowning in the 5 foot deep. I jumped in fully clothed and dragged her to the side almost drowning myself.

xxoo,
    SamuraiMom

Well, in their defense,
    Well, in their defense, maybe they couldn't swim. They'd be no help and you would have had to help them. Or they didn't realize what was going on. Maybe it didn't register that this was a serious thing. Especially if it is hot, you slow down. Or they just didn't know what to do. Some people freeze.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Marcia527 said:

Well, in their defense,
    Well, in their defense, maybe they couldn't swim. They'd be no help and you would have had to help them. Or they didn't realize what was going on. Maybe it didn't register that this was a serious thing. Especially if it is hot, you slow down. Or they just didn't know what to do. Some people freeze.

LoLoad .. Just when I think I've heard it all
    I realize I haven't .. Poop in the pool ??? I can't imagine what some parents are thinking .. I can see if it's your own pool, in your own back yard .. Health Hazards ..

Vicki Sam
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    VickiSam said:

LoLoad .. Just when I think I've heard it all
    I realize I haven't .. Poop in the pool ??? I can't imagine what some parents are thinking .. I can see if it's your own pool, in your own back yard .. Health Hazards ..

Vicki Sam

Baby Ruth
    You ever see the scene in Caddy Shack with the Baby Ruth floating in the pool? It is the funniest scene in the movie! When it was on tv they cut it out!
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806

Parental License

xxoo,
    SamuraiMom

I totally agree
    I totally agree about the licenses and at this point in life, I don't think I'm kidding about it. : )