Depressed

ketziah35
ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
edited March 2014 in Caregivers #1
My mom was diagnosed with 3C colon cancer. She is undergoing chemo. She is different now -no fight and tired. I want my mommy back.

My sister and I start crying at the drop of the hat. Anywhere work the car in the grocery store. She saw a woman with her mother and burst into tears.

It will never be the same. She is 70. She is weak. I t feels like we are losing her.

God please don't let it end this way.

Comments

• Barbara53
    Barbara53 Member Posts: 652
    take it easy
    Take it easy, now. Things may get better when the chemo is over. I would never have believed that my 78-year old mother would make it through her first-line regimen, but she did. That was over a year ago, and back then I remember how emotional it all was. Things do sort themselves out, but you must give yourself, your sister and your mother time. It is okay to cry, and it's okay for your mother to be tired and disgusted and angry and not her old self.

One of the things we did when my mom was getting chemo was to collect old pictures and make a photo story of her life. For once it wasn't about the family, but about her, and it she really got into it. Through the process, I learned things about her I never knew, so now I know and understand her much better. Very cool.

Wishing you rich days ahead.
  • Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    Welcome
    Hello and welcome to our caregivers discussion board. You are not alone here. All of the emotions you and your sister are feeling are normal. Your mom will feel better once the chemo is done. She needs you both to support her, so you need to be strong. Stay positive, say lots of prayers. The more faith you have, the easier this journey will be. Take care and keep in touch.
    Tina