Options
2»

Comments

• atrue
    atrue Member Posts: 29
    Options
    atrue said:

i dont know how to explain
    i dont know how to explain it but it was awful....i got the pump off yesterday and i have been so sick for the last 2 days i didnt think i would make it...port cath is getting better but that chemo is making me so sick..gotta talk to dr about it... he said he thought it was chemo and it was..i am feeling better today...just tired and staying cold...almost quit it but im gonna stay with it..thanks all yal are great prayers for all

question for all
    ok i am on folfox chemo, i know about the cold thing but i was wondering. do i have to stop all cold liquids til i am done with chemo or do i wait a few days after i get the pump off.. i want a glass of cold milk so bad...i am have the cold thing with my hands, but i can deal with that..another question i am trying to go back to work, can i put cold wash cloth on my neck or will that shock me? i work in the heat so i am trying to find ways of staying kool. yal have been great with suggestions, thank you all prayers and best wishes for all
  • abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    atrue said:

question for all
    ok i am on folfox chemo, i know about the cold thing but i was wondering. do i have to stop all cold liquids til i am done with chemo or do i wait a few days after i get the pump off.. i want a glass of cold milk so bad...i am have the cold thing with my hands, but i can deal with that..another question i am trying to go back to work, can i put cold wash cloth on my neck or will that shock me? i work in the heat so i am trying to find ways of staying kool. yal have been great with suggestions, thank you all prayers and best wishes for all

You don't have to do anything
    The cold restrictions are for your comfort. You may be able to drink cold milk a few days after chemo. I could eat ice cream towards the end of the 2 weeks.

All of these reactions are individual - some of us react more strongly than others. Try things carefully - see what you can tolerate. You won't harm yourself.

Be aware, however, that you may feel like you can't breathe if the air is too cold or your throat may feel "closed up" or like you've swallowed glass when you drink something cold. Try things, but be careful - you'll soon know what you can and cannot do.