Bra's - starting to miss them

TulsaMomof3
TulsaMomof3 Member Posts: 105
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had the DIEP on May 5th I am completely healed up. Do you know how long your suposed to wait before you start wearing regular bra's? I am missing my pretty Victoria Secret Bra's :(, They all have underwires and I am wondering how long I am supposed to wait before I can leave this Ugly soft bra thing they gave me???

Comments

• mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691 Member
    I had DIEP flap surgery only
    I had DIEP flap surgery only on the left back in January. My plastic surgeon gave me no bra to wear but told me after 3 weeks I could start wearing my regular bra which is also an underwire. I have been wearing them ever since. I would ask your plastic surgeon just to make sure.
  • SamuraiMom
    SamuraiMom Member Posts: 295
    Bras
    Hi TulsaMom,

My surgery was 9-9-09 and I'm still not wearing an underwire yet.

Everyone's different though.

I did try on a few from Vicky's a month ago...that WAS fun!

You'll get there!

Keep trying them on!!!

xxoo,
    SamuraiMom
  • TulsaMomof3
    TulsaMomof3 Member Posts: 105

Bras
    Hi TulsaMom,

My surgery was 9-9-09 and I'm still not wearing an underwire yet.

Everyone's different though.

I did try on a few from Vicky's a month ago...that WAS fun!

You'll get there!

Keep trying them on!!!

xxoo,
    SamuraiMom

SamuriaMom,
    Is it because

SamuriaMom,
    Is it because your PS has told you not to or are they uncomfortable?
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

SamuriaMom,
    Is it because

SamuriaMom,
    Is it because your PS has told you not to or are they uncomfortable?

I hope I'm not steping onany toes here .. but my PS
    told me to go ahead and wear my regular or underwire bra's a little every day .. I found them all EXTREMELY uncomfortable and ill fitting. That is why I go bra-less or wear only a sports bra..

I may never a BRA again .. if I decide to get SASSY!

Bra-less in HOT .. Humid .. Southern California

Vicki Sam
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    VickiSam said:

I hope I'm not steping onany toes here .. but my PS
    told me to go ahead and wear my regular or underwire bra's a little every day .. I found them all EXTREMELY uncomfortable and ill fitting. That is why I go bra-less or wear only a sports bra..

I may never a BRA again .. if I decide to get SASSY!

Bra-less in HOT .. Humid .. Southern California

Vicki Sam

Sassy and braless
    I plan to be bra-free as much as possible! If that makes me sassy, then I'm SASSY!

At post-implant follow-up today, PS said I can now wear whatever bra I want or none. (I have been wearing a sports bra for support and compression since my implant exchange July 7th.) I suppose I'll wear bra or camisole under white or thin shirts. Yea!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Sassy and braless
    I plan to be bra-free as much as possible! If that makes me sassy, then I'm SASSY!

At post-implant follow-up today, PS said I can now wear whatever bra I want or none. (I have been wearing a sports bra for support and compression since my implant exchange July 7th.) I suppose I'll wear bra or camisole under white or thin shirts. Yea!

Yes .. Just call us .. Sassy ...
    and bra less .. more so .. due to the HOT weather .. that we are experiencing here in California .. UGLY ..

Vicki Sam