Gratitude

fulllife1126
fulllife1126 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Caregivers #1
I have been so at a loss to explain my emotions to a wonderful network of supporters. I was beginning to process that I might need a therapist and no time to go to one. I happened upon these discussion boards and my prayers have been answered. So often when I read older threads, I think I must have posted it - the situations are so uncannily alike.

My husband was diagnosed with stage 4 oropharyngeal cancer in late March. Two rounds of inpatient chemo for a week each and now in the midst of 35 rounds of radiation with chemo once a week. They had to suspend treatment last week and admit him as he was no longer able to swallow even water. Now we are trying to manage the new feeding tube and pain. We have five kids between 5 and 22, 4 still at home.

I am so grateful for all of you and your willingness to be genuine in how you share here. Thank you!

Comments

• stepmj
    stepmj Member Posts: 32
    Gratitude
    Welcome to these boards - I myself am a newbie to these boards and understand how nice it is to read posts that I could have written myself!

My Dad is fighting stage IV esophageal cancer (mets to the liver) - and has been for the last year. I want to suggest that you take a look at the esophageal discussion board as well - a lot of folks on there have lots of experience with the feeding tubes. My Dad is lucky that he has not needed one but it seems most EC fighters do need them.

You are in for some very tough times and a wild ride (nothing you don't know) but you will get a ton of information and support from these pages - much more than a therapist and free of charge!!

You are in my prayers - please keep us posted on how things are going.

MJ
  • nancyann3
    nancyann3 Member Posts: 173 Member
    stepmj said:

Gratitude
    Welcome to these boards - I myself am a newbie to these boards and understand how nice it is to read posts that I could have written myself!

My Dad is fighting stage IV esophageal cancer (mets to the liver) - and has been for the last year. I want to suggest that you take a look at the esophageal discussion board as well - a lot of folks on there have lots of experience with the feeding tubes. My Dad is lucky that he has not needed one but it seems most EC fighters do need them.

You are in for some very tough times and a wild ride (nothing you don't know) but you will get a ton of information and support from these pages - much more than a therapist and free of charge!!

You are in my prayers - please keep us posted on how things are going.

MJ

Nice to meet you.
    I wouldn't know what I would do without this site to come to. Everyone is so helpful. My hubby is fighting EC since Feb and now we are learning how to use a feeding tube also.

Keep in touch and our prayers are with you.

Nancy