Aysemari Update

missrenee
missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
As I know many of you were concerned about Aysemari, I decided to post to let you all know what is going on. I took her to the surgicenter for her double mastectomy this morning. We sat and talked for a while and got to know each other. She was in very good spirits and a very sweet, lovely woman. She insisted that she has someone to pick her up tomorrow, but she has my cellphone number in case things change. I then had to leave to go to my radiation therapy appointment. I plan on calling her on Wednesday to check on her and see if I can possibly visit her.

Renee

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Thank you, Renee
    For this update. Hopefully, her surgery went well & she's recovering at this point. And glad she's got someone lined up to bring her home. You were very kind to accompany her this morning - and offer to assist in the future, too. If you learn more about her progress before she can get to a computer, please keep us posted.

Thanks, again. With best wishes to you as you continue your radiation treatment.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Let us know, please
    Yes, we'll be waiting to hear how she's doing and hoping for the best for her. You are wonderful for helping her, Renee.
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Dear, dear Renee
    What a kind and loving thing to do! Please do let us know how she is doing and give her our best wishes, loving positive thoughts, and sincere prayers.

Sue
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    sbmly53 said:

Dear, dear Renee
    What a kind and loving thing to do! Please do let us know how she is doing and give her our best wishes, loving positive thoughts, and sincere prayers.

Sue

Thanks so much for posting, Renee
    Thank you so much for letting us know about Ayse.

I loved how she said in an earlier post that now today is The Day she got to meet you, not just The Day she had her mastectomy. A lovely opportunity for both of you.

Please do keep us posted, if you're able to speak with her.

Traci
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Thank you for the update and
    Thank you for the update and for being there for Aysemari. It was uplifting for us to hear about your act of kindness.

Good luck with your journey as I see that you are undergoing treatment too.
    BL
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    I'm glad everything went well!
    Thank you for sharing this with us. What a blessing you are to her.

Kind regards,

Sylvia
  • Hubby
    Hubby Member Posts: 325
    Amazing story
    Renee,

This is really an amazing story. Anyone could have, but you did. I love random acts of kindness.

Is this what Chen and the other original focus group members envisioned or does it go beyond that?

Hugs

Bob
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Hubby said:

Amazing story
    Renee,

This is really an amazing story. Anyone could have, but you did. I love random acts of kindness.

Is this what Chen and the other original focus group members envisioned or does it go beyond that?

Hugs

Bob

Thank you, Missrenee for
    Thank you, Missrenee for your kindness, your reaching out to a dear sister and for the update. Do, please if you know anything, keep us in the loop.
  • camsgram
    camsgram Member Posts: 106
    Thanks for the post. What a
    Thanks for the post. What a terrific deed you were able to do, you should feel great!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Thank you soooo very much! I
    Thank you soooo very much! I was so touched that you offered to take her to the hospital, and that she accepted your offer. I appreciate so much that you two were able to connect; especially with her having thought she could drive herself to and fro!

When you see her again, please tell her we are thinking of her and wishing her a speedy and full recovery~ and bless your heart for being s True Kindred Spirit!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    chenheart said:

Thank you soooo very much! I
    Thank you soooo very much! I was so touched that you offered to take her to the hospital, and that she accepted your offer. I appreciate so much that you two were able to connect; especially with her having thought she could drive herself to and fro!

When you see her again, please tell her we are thinking of her and wishing her a speedy and full recovery~ and bless your heart for being s True Kindred Spirit!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

So happy to help
    Thank you all for the kind words. I'm just trying to do something to help someone right now. The past several months (post-surgery, doing chemo and now doing rads) have been probably the most challenging and terrifying of my life. However, I've been totally blessed by many kindnesses paid to me by family, friends and complete strangers. I feel there are blessings in every journey and I certainly have been the recipient of many.

This forum has been a Godsend to me. I should be thanking all of you.

Renee