Options
2»

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

TJ...I'm writing to let you
    TJ...I'm writing to let you know that I'm throwing a tantrum over your news - not that I can rival you. I'm with all your friends here, hoping and praying that everything is fine and not metastases. xoxoxo Lynn

wishing you the best news
    wishing you the best news possible!
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    TJ, it is really good to hear from you
    But, I really wish your news was something about taking an extended vacation or being too busy partying to write. I am thinking of you and hoping with all my heart that this hip pain is along the lines of a fracture. Please keep us informed.

Mimi

Edited to add: TJ, just wanted to chime in that I had some pretty bad hip pain last year. I was really scared, but a bone scan revealed arthritis. I celebrated. LOL. Hoping the same for you.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

No kidding
    Moopy and I were up in St. Louis the day after New Year's 2009, so she could get a second opinion from Dr. Barbra Horn at Siteman Cancer Center. We thought it would be a simple in-and-out thing. Ha.

Dr. Horn was doing the routine stethoscope thing when she decided she didn't like the sound of Moopy's breathing on the side where her port had just been put in. CT scan... STAT! Chest X-ray... STAT! MRI... STAT! Neither of us had even a second to figure out what was going on. But you can all imagine the fun things that go through one's mind when an oncologist at a National Cancer Institute hospital starts ordering tests and barking STAT!

Turns out that the Mooper had a collapsed lung from her port installation surgery, and had to spend the weekend in the hospital getting it pumped back up. An interventional radiologist stuck a needle in through poor Moopy's side and hooked her up to an air pump. That was about as much fun as you would expect, but Moopy was incredibly brave and we even got to have a free second meeting with the awesome Dr. Horn the next day.

With all that, though, our reaction was HURRAY! COLLAPSED LUNG! To this day, we still look at each other sometimes and say it. What a life, huh? Here's wishing you and Wendy years and years and years of reminiscing about the "bone infection" that turned out to be nothing.

This is funny, people must
    This is funny, people must think we have some kind of brain damage when we cheer for a collapsed lung, bone infections. You have to live it to know it.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

TJ, it is really good to hear from you
    But, I really wish your news was something about taking an extended vacation or being too busy partying to write. I am thinking of you and hoping with all my heart that this hip pain is along the lines of a fracture. Please keep us informed.

Mimi

Edited to add: TJ, just wanted to chime in that I had some pretty bad hip pain last year. I was really scared, but a bone scan revealed arthritis. I celebrated. LOL. Hoping the same for you.

TJ Hay .. my fellow sister who loves Football as much as I
    do! Go Buc's .. I still HATE those NY Giants! I mean Eli Manning, the cry baby.

Hey, Girl .... sounds like you've pulled thru that black and stormy sea to find love, happiness and a bottle of ensure. I am so very sorry to hear about your latest - medical mis-adventure .. Thank God, Wendie there to help sort out the medical hoopla. Best of Luck to you ..You are a Survivor ..

You will always hold a speacial place in my heart. Love you -- Vicki Sam

On another subject: MimiVac .. a new addition to your and Simon's family? Kitty Kitty

Moopy -- Collapsed lung and port .... I am so sorry.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    tjhay said:

This is so stinking funny!!!!
    Who would of thought that a board full of cancer survivors would be hoping for an infection, much less a bone infection. It makes Wendy and I laugh. What a world we live in. Well I am all for a bone infection, even if it means the have me walking around for weeks with an IV in my port. Yes I started with many of you and I still have my damn port. Maybe having it still is a good thing. Dont worry to much Wendy keeps me very busy with a very long honey do list so I dont have time to worry much. No she is not a slave driver! Its just that the garden always needs work. lol It looks great if I must say so myself.
    Thanks for all the support, it is much appreciated
    tj tantrum
    your southern sister

Hold on just a minute...
    I have a honey-do list, and my honey isn't do-ing it very fast....You got any skills beyond gardening -- say, plumbing and/or electronics? I'd be glad to "help" you have even less time to worry, TJ -- yep, I'm a giver, that's me....

:-) Traci
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    Nice to "meet" you!
    I'm somewhat new but I feel like I've known everyone forever. It sounds weird to say that such a horrible thing like cancer brings us all together in love and care as a family. Such goodness rising out from under this ugly thing.

I will be praying for you sister! How far south are you???

Blessings,

Sylvia
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Options
    sea60 said:

Nice to "meet" you!
    I'm somewhat new but I feel like I've known everyone forever. It sounds weird to say that such a horrible thing like cancer brings us all together in love and care as a family. Such goodness rising out from under this ugly thing.

I will be praying for you sister! How far south are you???

Blessings,

Sylvia

Cancers Gift
    Nice to meet you also Syliva. I have always said that cancer has taken so much from me but it has given me somthing nothing else could have. Namel: Chen, Re, Pammy, Steph, Traci, Tamara, Judy, Cheryl, Trish, Mimi, and the list goes on and on and on. So I will never complain about having cancer. It has given me way to much to every complain.
    Oh God I must have brain damage, either that or all the love you guys are giving me is making me into a softy.

As far as how far south I am well I was living in Florida, but have recently moved to NY. So I guess I should be signing off as

tj tantrum
    your transplanted southern sister

Oh and isnt my girl a cutie
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

The title of your thread made my heart sink...
    ... and my tummy turn upside down and inside out. I so wish that absolutely none of this was happening, friend. And, yes - we're all here to share, support & encourage, no matter what. Will be continually hoping, hoping, hoping for the best possible scenario. Please do keep us informed, dear TJ. In the meantime, sending huge cyber hugs...

Kindest regards, Susan xo

Please let us know Traci
    Please let us know Traci when you find out your results. Praying for you!

Hugs, Jan
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Traci...
    How much bullying did Wendy and I have to go through before you caved? You see sweet sister? We know best, so just deal with that! Haha
    We are here for you (yes, I know, it took me awhile to get here), and regardless of the information, we want to be able to encourage, pray, send good vibes, etc. to help you on this, another different step, in your journey. I know one of your main motives for being silent, and I wanted to let our sisters know too, it was because you did not wish to add another worry on the newbies about their own diagnoses and treatments, and that is just one of the many reasons we all love you.
    So, I tattled, hope you don’t mind!
    Your SoCal tattler!
    Cat
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    sorry TJhay
    I will be having an MRI Wednesday too. So as I lie there, I will be picturing you lying somewhere else, miles away, having your scan. We can 'glow' together in cyber space...LOL
    I normally wouldn't do this, but I am hoping for you that it is a bone infection and nothing more (did I really just say I hope it's a bone infection?).
    Pammy