Apron With Pockets

GrandmaMir
GrandmaMir Member Posts: 21 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had a single mastectomy on July 8. Here's an idea for drains: I have an apron that has two pockets. I put it on with the wrong side out and the pockets become a handy way to hold my drains.

Comments

• Chickadee1955
    Chickadee1955 Member Posts: 356 Member
    I love it! Now there's
    I love it! Now there's creative thinking!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Brilliant~ in this case,
    Brilliant~ in this case, Necessity is the GrandmaMir of Invention!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • MNLynn
    MNLynn Member Posts: 224
    What an idea!
    My surgeries are behind me - and I hope I'm not looking at any in the future . . . but if I do need any further surgeries, I know now how I'll deal with those drains!!

♥ Lynn ♥
  • Menda
    Menda Member Posts: 128
    Hope you are doing great.
    Hope you are doing great. Had a double on July 8 and I am walking to the kitchen now to give it a try. Thanks.
  • GrandmaMir
    GrandmaMir Member Posts: 21 Member
    Menda said:

Hope you are doing great.
    Hope you are doing great. Had a double on July 8 and I am walking to the kitchen now to give it a try. Thanks.

Good Going!
    I hope you continue to feel better. Walking helps.
  • Good Going!
    I hope you continue to feel better. Walking helps.

Terrific idea
    I wore an oversized zip up hoodie, it was easy to put on and take off. I pinned my Jackson Pratt bulb up about where my right breast had been.

Ah, the funny things we do to feel 'normal'
  • anitap1
    anitap1 Member Posts: 25
    apron
    I used a carpenter's apron. I had the two pockets and the apron was short enough not to show from under my shirt. I had a friend who told me this was what she did. I even slept in the apron.
  • SamuraiMom
    SamuraiMom Member Posts: 295
    great idea!
    I could have used that one!

I used a lanyard with a clip on the end. (long cord-like necklace with a clip)

xxoo,
    SamuraiMom
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member

great idea!
    I could have used that one!

I used a lanyard with a clip on the end. (long cord-like necklace with a clip)

xxoo,
    SamuraiMom

Oh Chen, you are too clever!
    What a great idea tho... love it.

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Skeezie said:

Oh Chen, you are too clever!
    What a great idea tho... love it.

Hugs, Judy :-)

wonderful and Clever ideas .. I guess if all else fails
    we can flip the drains over our sholders and walk around that way! .. Oh how I don't care too much for my drains. Let's not mention the measuring of our body fluids .. haha! I call it a necessary evil- in my fight for - SurvivorShip.

Just took inventory .. bi-lateral 4 drain, emergency staph infection - removal of right expander 2 more drains .. replacement of right expander 2 drains .. so all in all, I've dealt with 8 drains .. which does include drains - I'll need for my expander - exchange surgery next week. I am so glad I can still laugh about my drains.

Vicki Sam