Paclitaxel?

tjohnson2310
tjohnson2310 Member Posts: 168 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Finally got a treatment plan. What are your experiences with Paclitaxel?

Comments

• Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    I didn't have Pacliltaxel
    I didn't have Pacliltaxel tjohson, but, want to wish you good luck.

Others here that have taken it will post for you.

I love your picture too, very beautiful.

Hugs, Megan
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691 Member
    Pacitaxel/Taxol
    Mine so far has been much better than the AC. It has been easier to tolerate although it hasn't come without it's side effects. I suffer from eosphagitis and mucositis (lining of eosophagus and stomach are destroyed) with some mouth sores. THis started with AC and seem to be further exasperated with Taxol. I do have diarrhea, pain in the muscles and bones that come after the steroids have worn off on Monday and subside by my next treatment on Friday. I haven't had to take pain killers so far. I have been able to exercise daily anywhere from 30 - 60 minutes whether it be a walk or african dance or zumba. This has helped a great despite the exhaustion that sometimes sets in.

Also I was given benedryl to counter any side effects of the Taxol and this make me super drowsy and sleepy. I cannot drive myself home, I have friend to come pick me up however I met another breast cancer women in the chemo center who doesn't get drowsy from the benedryl and drives herself for an hour home. She also had Taxol first (before AC) with little side effects.

Please remember that everyone is different, reacts differently and some of my side effects are left over from the previous four rounds of AC.

I wish you well for your Taxol treatment. take care
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003

Pacitaxel/Taxol
    Mine so far has been much better than the AC. It has been easier to tolerate although it hasn't come without it's side effects. I suffer from eosphagitis and mucositis (lining of eosophagus and stomach are destroyed) with some mouth sores. THis started with AC and seem to be further exasperated with Taxol. I do have diarrhea, pain in the muscles and bones that come after the steroids have worn off on Monday and subside by my next treatment on Friday. I haven't had to take pain killers so far. I have been able to exercise daily anywhere from 30 - 60 minutes whether it be a walk or african dance or zumba. This has helped a great despite the exhaustion that sometimes sets in.

Also I was given benedryl to counter any side effects of the Taxol and this make me super drowsy and sleepy. I cannot drive myself home, I have friend to come pick me up however I met another breast cancer women in the chemo center who doesn't get drowsy from the benedryl and drives herself for an hour home. She also had Taxol first (before AC) with little side effects.

Please remember that everyone is different, reacts differently and some of my side effects are left over from the previous four rounds of AC.

I get weekly treatments of
    I get weekly treatments of Taxol, and i have not had any problems with it. I do get benadryl prior to prevent an allergic reactions, so you may have a problem if you drive yourself, I do get tired but I have not had any problems with nausea.
  • tjohnson2310
    Paclitaxel
    I am doing neo-adjuvant chemo.I will be on Paclitaxel weekly for 12 weeks along with steroids. Then another chemo drug every 3 weeks for 12 weeks. Even though my oncologist is in Texas I will have my treatments back home in Louisiana which i am so glad of. I hope to have treatments on Fridays so I can recoup over the weekend.Hopefully i can still work.Thanks for sharing.
  • tjohnson2310
    meena1 said:

I get weekly treatments of
    I get weekly treatments of Taxol, and i have not had any problems with it. I do get benadryl prior to prevent an allergic reactions, so you may have a problem if you drive yourself, I do get tired but I have not had any problems with nausea.

Thanks for sharing
    Thanks for sharing. I am so nervous about what's to come.
  • tjohnson2310

Pacitaxel/Taxol

thanks mariam
    I really appreciate you sharing your experience with me.