Calcifications too far back!!!

vchildbeloved
vchildbeloved Member Posts: 133
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well, I went 3 times for the excisional biopsy and just like before, they could not get to the area where the calcifications are. The spots are so far back into the chest wall. I had the chief of imaging come in to assist out of frustration that the others had failed. Has anyone else been through this where it's so far back into the chest wall. What finally happened? The docs want to try something else on the 27th; this will be attempt #4.

Best regards,

Valerie

Comments

• Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Micros
    Valerie, I have microcali also far back. They're watching them. I go on the 16th for mammo. They didn't attempt to bx them 6 months ago. They may this time. Sorry couldn't help, but keep posting so I'll know what to do in case. I hope the 4th time is a charm for you. Keeping fingers crossed. Gayla
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Katz77 said:

Micros
    Valerie, I have microcali also far back. They're watching them. I go on the 16th for mammo. They didn't attempt to bx them 6 months ago. They may this time. Sorry couldn't help, but keep posting so I'll know what to do in case. I hope the 4th time is a charm for you. Keeping fingers crossed. Gayla

Such an ordeal!
    Valerie, I'm so sorry this has turned into such an ordeal for you.

I'm familiar with having to do an excisional biopsy when they're unable to get at calcifications with a stereotactic biopsy, but I haven't heard of having to try over and over again even to do an excisional!

I hope someone else here will have some advice or experience with this -- until then, just know that we're here to support you however we can.

Traci
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    TraciInLA said:

Such an ordeal!
    Valerie, I'm so sorry this has turned into such an ordeal for you.

I'm familiar with having to do an excisional biopsy when they're unable to get at calcifications with a stereotactic biopsy, but I haven't heard of having to try over and over again even to do an excisional!

I hope someone else here will have some advice or experience with this -- until then, just know that we're here to support you however we can.

Traci

Sorry Valeria, I don't know
    Sorry Valeria, I don't know anything about this, but, I sure feel bad for what you are going through.

Wishing you good luck and sending you prayers!