How old were you when you went through natural menopause?

Options
2»

Comments

• bakerette
    bakerette Member Posts: 74
    Options
    menopause
    Susan,
    My menopause kind of snuck up on me. I never had regular periods, so I never knew when to expect them. No symptoms, just one day it would start. So, I didn't call them periods I called them question marks. Then about a year ago I looked at the calendar and realized that it had been about 6 monthes since the last one. So I guess I was 52 1/2 when I was done. I have a hot flash after dinner every evening. I have night sweats every night. Sometimes it's heavy sometimes not so bad. I haven't had any cancer treatment yet. this is all new for me. My boobies go bye bye on Friday. Well, pending insurance. Maybe one boob maybe both. Don't know yet they are still fighting with the surgeon, we'll see on Friday I guess. But yeah, menopause isn't bad at all.
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    Mine started slowing down arund 40. My gyn told me that it was normal as this was the pattern in my family. I moved into a new house in September of 1995 and had not had one for several months prior. Then in October 1995 I had one duzy and that was it. My only symptom was if I drank alcohol, I'd turn red and sweat profusely. Which was pretty embarrassing on a full airplane, stuck in a middle seat! No mood swings, a bit of the night sweats, but nothing I couldn't handle. I was diagnosed with bc when I was 59. It will be two years the end of this coming September.
    Pat