Stress, Guilt, Relief

Options
2»

Comments

• jamiegww
    jamiegww Member Posts: 384
    Options
    Don't try to be Superman.
    It sounds like just being yourself is enough. My husband took off work to be with me for one of my biopsies and his boss's comment was "so you'll be needing to take off more days?". After that, I got my daughter to be with me whenever needed because her boss was female and pretty much insisted she be there for me. My husband is helping me by going to work and providing the insurance I need to fight this disease. I didn't get him to shave my head because I didn't want to blame him later for my bald head. I don't think I would have blamed him, but sometimes I surprise myself. My daughter insisted on being with me for three of my chemo treatments but I honestly felt more relaxed when I was by myself. I did feel a rush of anger when you mentioned being told they would "only discuss it with the patient". My husband's doctor's office does that to me even though he has signed paperwork instructing them to talk to me. They hang up on me when I get angry and that just makes it worse. Whatever! Just know that you are doing a fantastic job of supporting your wife and enjoy your mini-vacation.